PDA

View Full Version : Choi Won Young has one heck of a coast to coast swing.....

Hammer
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
On that 10 pin bowling video showing the different techniques of the pros one I noticed that caught my eye was the coast to coast by Choi Won Young. On his approach his sliding foot ends up even with the left gutter and he lofts his ball between the first and second arrow on the left side of the alley. Now is that one heck of a coast to coast shot or what? Can anyone here shoot a coast to coast like that? I can't remember his name but there was one pro that after he released his ball his upper body was parallel to the floor. Now that is one heck of an upper body tilt after the release. If I tried that my spine would snap in half. But I am probably 35 to 40 years older then him too. So soon to be 66 years old my body will never bend like that at this age. I like that video of 10 pin bowling techniques of the pros. It is amazing watching those guys in slow motion and see those swings and releases that they have to rev those balls up. I am surprised that they do not leave skid marks on the alleys from those high revs.

Greenday
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4rl4yXl60

Just watched that video. Holy crap...

got_a_300
01-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah back in my younger days I could play a board or two deeper than
what Choi Won Young was playing on lane 17. I remember sometimes I'd
have to stand almost half way in the left lane and the toe of my foot would
end up sliding by the left side of the right hand gutter on the next lane over.

I would loft completely over the gutter cap and hit the 2nd or 3rd board at the
arrows on the left hand side of the lane and swing the ball all the way out to
the 3rd or 4th board on the right side of the lane and crush the pocket so yeah
I'd say it was pretty much coast to coast back then.

That was way back when we still had wood lanes almost every where and I had
a rev rate of 600+ on the ball. I can still loft the gutter cap pretty easy but just
can not swing the ball that wide anymore and get it to come back all that strong
not on todays lanes and lane conditioner and I just do not have that many rev's
on a ball anymore.

Ah yes such great memories of years past.

rab91787
01-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Wow. Looks like me trying to play a line with a thumbless grip.

unclemantis
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4rl4yXl60

Just watched that video. Holy crap...

CRAP! Is that LEGAL? LOL

swingset
01-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Holy hook overkill, Batman.

billf
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Given how he wasn't getting the ball that far out at the beginning of the video, I would assume the far outside was out of bounds (heavy oil) and once it started to dry up he really got it out there. Let's see how his elbow is in 20 years...if it's still attached.

unclemantis
01-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Given how he wasn't getting the ball that far out at the beginning of the video, I would assume the far outside was out of bounds (heavy oil) and once it started to dry up he really got it out there. Let's see how his elbow is in 20 years...if it's still attached.

LOL. Now that's funny :)

Tampabaybob
01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Hammer, being the same age as you, the only thing I can say is don't try this at home (your home lanes) ! This type of swing shot is not for anyone probably older than 40 !! LOL You and I need to stick to our old stroker style, take some Aleve, and be satisfied we're still able to bowl well at 66 !

Hammer
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Hammer, being the same age as you, the only thing I can say is don't try this at home (your home lanes) ! This type of swing shot is not for anyone probably older than 40 !! LOL You and I need to stick to our old stroker style, take some Aleve, and be satisfied we're still able to bowl well at 66 !

I totally agree. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape for my age. I use to do cardio, did dumbbell exercises with weights from 3#
to 25 # and had an ironman chinup bar in our computer room doorway. I did this stuff from June of 2006 to June of 2011. The reason was I got up to 180 pounds and my doc got mad at me because I was thin my whole life and he said if I wanted to live longer I better lose the weight and eat healthier. At least when I bowl I can still make a good knee bend at release and swing the ball without falling over at the foul line. Plus I don't have to take pills for anything. I eat healthy as possible and take certain supplements. Plus I do a lot of walking and lifting heavy boxes for the company I work for which is Wilton Brands as their currier.

Tampabaybob
01-26-2013, 06:11 PM
The nice part about being older is beating the crap out of younger bowlers on league nite. I've got a decent percentage of doing just that, unfortunately in the last two weeks I've had two big 700's thrown at me and one was with a 300 game his last game. It's ok though, I'll get them next time. "Old age and deceit will always overcome youth and skill" LOL