PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Shatter Review

StoRoto2013
01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
If you are looking for a ball with length and a powerful but predictable backend motion, the Roto Grip Shatter is all of this and more! The layout that I used for my Shatter is 60 X 5 X 45 or simply put Pin above the fingers with the cg kicked out enough for an X Hole. My personal coordinates are as follows: axis point 5 5/8 over and ¾ up with a rev rate around 300 to 315 and my ball speed is around 15 mph with a lot of forward roll. I personally like going straighter through the front part of the lane. Also I am Right Handed.

I have used the Shatter on several different patterns and several different surfaces. I did have problems especially in the middle games of tournaments or the third game of league with getting my ball to finish strong in the pocket because of carry down…. That was before I drilled a Shatter! The Shatter’s fantastic length and the Powerful Backend Motion allows me to move in and go around and through the carry down with confidence. It is my go to ball when the heads are scorched and the move is left and get the ball to the right! The Shatter is at home on the 30 to 40 foot patterns like the Viper, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Athens, Seoul, etc… You get the point the Shatter is a versatile bowling ball. The Shatter will always be travelling with me wherever I am bowling!

The Shatter is a must for anyone’s bowling arsenal!

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm/Roto Grip Pro Shop Staff
Vise Grip Staff

noeymc
01-10-2013, 12:31 PM
i have it and love it