PDA

View Full Version : What are your goals?

The KingPin
12-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Here at BowlingBoards.com we care about your bowling and want you to be as good as you want to be. So if you have a goal, tell us so we can help you.

Maybe you may want to bowl a great game or series. Maybe not throw any gutter balls. Maybe even hit every single pin spare. Let us know what your goals are so we can help you and motivate you along the way.

onefrombills
12-03-2008, 12:49 AM
I want to get to sleep before 3 am !!!!

The KingPin
12-03-2008, 07:52 PM

I just want to see how your goal is coming along? If you were not drinking Verve the great new energy drink, you might get some sleep?

onefrombills
12-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I just want to see how your goal is coming along? If you were not drinking Verve the great new energy drink, you might get some sleep?

HAHAHAHA
Ill sleep when i have thrown my last ball and Im 6 ft under....by the way I saw 4 am last night LOL

Anni1
12-05-2008, 08:06 PM
I actually have two goals.

To bowl a clean game
To bowl a 200 or better game

ArtVandelay
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
My average currently sits on a 175, but I'd like to average a 185 from here on out. Wednesday night, I bowled a 168 - 214 - 185, for a 189 3 game average. I think 185 might be attainable. My problem is consistency. I was all over the place, but if I'm allowed to make excuses, I didn't bowl for 2 weeks..... if that counts. hahahaha.

NoTapNorm
12-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Short Term:
1. 700 series (Its been since 95....at least for a sanctioned one)
2. Consistency
3. String 12 in the same game
4. Cash in Tournaments

Long Term:
1. Average 210+ for an entire season
2. Consistency
3. Regional Senior Tournaments

The KingPin
12-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I actually have two goals.

To bowl a clean game
To bowl a 200 or better game

That is great. Well if we can help you in any way, please let us all know. We believe in you and know your goals can become reality.

The KingPin
12-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Short Term:
2. Consistency
4. Cash in Tournaments

Long Term:
2. Consistency

Great Goals. I have faith that you will achieve these goals. I believe that with your skill and tips you aquire here, that you will start checking each goal off of your list as "Reached"

Great hopes to you and your bowling

kev3inp
12-07-2008, 05:24 PM
My goal is to come back to bowling stronger and better than before. I've been off 8 weeks and we went to get in a little practice yesterday. I did pretty well until the 3rd game when I started wearing out and stopped being able to make spares. So perhaps I'm better, but I'm not stronger yet. Tonight will be my first night of league since the operation, and I'm really looking forward to it.

P.S. Why are there so many "a's" in the topic header for bowlingboards honors? Is this a pronunciation trick I need to learn? It's in this section at the top. It's the header for the "sticky."

NoTapNorm
12-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Enjoy the comeback. At least league play isnt like practice-continually in motion, and you get a little rest inbetween frames. The strength will come....good luck!

NoTapNorm
12-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Short Term:
2. Consistency
4. Cash in Tournaments

Long Term:
2. Consistency

Tick the first one off!
241-227-258=726

kev3inp
12-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Tick the first one off!
241-227-258=726

Nice shooting, but don't you have to kind of have 2 to do 1? :)

NoTapNorm
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I suppose so, but consistency week-in and week-out is the greater goal.

kev3inp
12-11-2008, 05:49 AM
I'll drink to that!

ArtVandelay
12-11-2008, 10:10 PM
My average currently sits on a 175, but I'd like to average a 185 from here on out. Wednesday night, I bowled a 168 - 214 - 185, for a 189 3 game average. I think 185 might be attainable. My problem is consistency. I was all over the place, but if I'm allowed to make excuses, I didn't bowl for 2 weeks..... if that counts. hahahaha.

So far, so good! averaged a 194 last night. I'm pretty satisfied with that.

So, we're two weeks into this goal (which will take the rest of the season to complete) and so far we've had:

chrisdaman77
12-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Short term goals :

Be a consistent bowler
keep raising my average every week
get my new ball drilled this weekend
stop tugging the ball
stop hanging on to the ball too long
stop gripping the ball so hard

Long Term:

Average 200+
Bowl a 300
bowl a 700
bowl an 800

Super long term and awesome dream that will never happen:

bowl a 900

Baroncad
12-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Tick the first one off!
241-227-258=726

Good for you. Nice games.

Short term Goals:
1. Shoot 3 games of 200+ (Done 11 Dec 08: 214-231-233=678)
2. Consistent spare shooting.
3. Average of 190.
4. Shoot a 250 game

Long term Goals:
1. Shoot a 300 game.
2. A 700 series.
3. A 800 series.
4. Have my kids get passionate about bowling.

ArtVandelay
12-18-2008, 01:54 AM

So, we're two weeks into this goal (which will take the rest of the season to complete) and so far we've had:

Not so good tonight.... How good? So good I can't even remember the exact scores. It was around a 185-133-212. The only know I know for sure was the 212. I figured my average at the lanes, and it came to be a 176-point-something, rounding up to 177 average for the night, which is 8 pins below where I would like to be.... Eh.... I was my own worst enemy tonight. I was too stubborn during that 2nd game.

So, after 3 weeks (of about a million weeks left before fall season ends):

3 week average: 186 2/3

On pace so far, for that 185 average, but I can't have many more nights like this one!

ThongPrincess
12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
My goals are:

1- Continue improving timing and release - For some reason my timing was a complete mess at the start of the season. With the help of a friend and coach we found it was the first step

2- Build a better/stronger mental game

3- Continue to look at success in terms other than score

4- Regain the confidence I lost over the past few years - If I am successful on 1 and 2, this will be a no brainer

5- Bowl respectably at Nationals so my team won't put me on waivers for next year ;)

While I could probably add more, these are the top 5.

The KingPin
12-31-2008, 07:29 PM

Is your average a goal where we can post it under the bowling honor club for you?

The KingPin
12-31-2008, 07:31 PM
My goals are:

1- Continue improving timing and release - For some reason my timing was a complete mess at the start of the season. With the help of a friend and coach we found it was the first step

4- Regain the confidence I lost over the past few years - If I am successful on 1 and 2, this will be a no brainer

5- Bowl respectably at Nationals so my team won't put me on waivers for next year ;)

While I could probably add more, these are the top 5.

Great goals!!! I hope that you achieve your goals. I believe that short terms goals are great to equal long term achievements. I have faith in you and I hope you keep us posted on your progress.

Chris

ThongPrincess
12-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Great goals!!! I hope that you achieve your goals. I believe that short terms goals are great to equal long term achievements. I have faith in you and I hope you keep us posted on your progress.

Chris

Thank you and I will post on progress.

I have a lot of people pulling for me and sometimes I forget that. The bowling community is awesome!

ArtVandelay
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Is your average a goal where we can post it under the bowling honor club for you?

Maybe in a couple months. hahahahaha. Our average is cumulative, so I'm not really interested in what the league says I average right NOW (which is 178, IIRC), but hoping to bowl well enough to average a 185 from the time I set the goal, out.

The KingPin
01-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Maybe in a couple months. hahahahaha. Our average is cumulative, so I'm not really interested in what the league says I average right NOW (which is 178, IIRC), but hoping to bowl well enough to average a 185 from the time I set the goal, out.

I am sure you will make your goal Art Keep up the Great Work

JAnderson
01-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I'd like to win a PBA regional event. I'm looking forward to picking out the colors on my banner. I may still be several years from achieving that goal, but there it is.

kev3inp
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
I'd like to win a PBA regional event. I'm looking forward to picking out the colors on my banner. I may still be several years from achieving that goal, but there it is.

And here I thought it was to win the scotch doubles with Kat and sweep us all in the Bragging Rights tournament. I don't plan on coming in last again this year! ;)

ArtVandelay
01-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Not so good tonight.... How good? So good I can't even remember the exact scores. It was around a 185-133-212. The only know I know for sure was the 212. I figured my average at the lanes, and it came to be a 176-point-something, rounding up to 177 average for the night, which is 8 pins below where I would like to be.... Eh.... I was my own worst enemy tonight. I was too stubborn during that 2nd game.

So, after 3 weeks (of about a million weeks left before fall season ends):

3 week average: 186 2/3

On pace so far, for that 185 average, but I can't have many more nights like this one!

I bowl on a wednesday night, and with Christmas and New Years BOTH falling on a thursday, I haven't bowled league since December 17th, and boy did it show in that first game.

Ready for this? My league average is a 177 (as of yesterday, so that 177 I bowled before the Christmas break really DID effect my average), and coming off the break I bowled a NICE 136 for the first game.

Ouch... The ONLY nice thing is it seemed like I was throwing a good ball. It was hitting it's roll phase right about where it needs to, and my line was decent, things just didn't go well....

But I kept at it, and in the 2nd game, I bowled a 203 to bounce back! I was pretty happy with that score, UNTIL the 3rd game...

For the 3rd game, I bowled a 242. That, ladies and gents, is my highest game ever (at least, that I can remember... I am known to bowl drunk on occasion).

So, we had a 136 - 203 - 242 for a 581 series and a 193 2/3 average.

So, after 4 weeks (with about a million weeks left before fall season ends):

193 2/3

4 week average: 188.4

Goal: 185

So far, so good.... (knock on wood)

SpongeDaddy
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Just one check in a PBA event before my time is up.

Be well,

Sponge

kev3inp
01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Just one check in a PBA event before my time is up.

Be well,

Sponge

Hey, I recognize that name from the PBA boards. Glad to see you're here, and glad you're still with us. I just stopped going to their forum because it seemed like a big waste of time. You were one of the saner posters, and they seemed to be few and far between.

Baroncad
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Well that is a great goal to strive for, I would need to be a lot more consistent before I ever thought about entering a regional. I'm happy being mediocre (not great, but not terrible) :p

Iceman
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Goals - I missed this post before....

As per my video posts, my goal is to rid the cranker out of me, an exorcism may be needed.

Average 220 on THS, 200 on PBA/Sports patterns.
Beat my 62 Year old Coach - (Stroker with a great mental game and smack talker - keep him out of my head)
Get the 800, tired of 790 series (All were with cranker style) - Actually do it with Stroker release.

300's are not a big thing for me - everyone is doing it. I'm not one to want 1 good game and end with a 680 series, I want consistency for the big series. There's only about 3 - 5 800's shot a year at our house, and about 40 300's. Funny thing, all the 800's shot last year (none included a 300) and all of them were stroker's. (all of them averaged 225 better on THS too)

This kind of proves my point on long run strokers versus crankers. I'm not taking anything away from crankers, cause I still like to rip the coverstock off the ball when I play around to wow and ohhhh people with the power strikes and bigtime decorative splits.

The KingPin
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Goals - I missed this post before....

As per my video posts, my goal is to rid the cranker out of me, an exorcism may be needed.

Average 220 on THS, 200 on PBA/Sports patterns.
Beat my 62 Year old Coach - (Stroker with a great mental game and smack talker - keep him out of my head)
Get the 800, tired of 790 series (All were with cranker style) - Actually do it with Stroker release.

300's are not a big thing for me - everyone is doing it. I'm not one to want 1 good game and end with a 680 series, I want consistency for the big series. There's only about 3 - 5 800's shot a year at our house, and about 40 300's. Funny thing, all the 800's shot last year (none included a 300) and all of them were stroker's. (all of them averaged 225 better on THS too)

This kind of proves my point on long run strokers versus crankers. I'm not taking anything away from crankers, cause I still like to rip the coverstock off the ball when I play around to wow and ohhhh people with the power strikes and bigtime decorative splits.

Great views. I like the idea of bowling good all of the time, than bowling a 300 and then 150 every game.

I hope your goals come true.

Chris

Iceman
01-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Great views. I like the idea of bowling good all of the time, than bowling a 300 and then 150 every game.Chris

Well tonight, I shot 9.5 FBA with 680 series, and a guy on my pair avg 180, shot 300, 149, and 158. A stunning 607 - he got cocky after first game and bowled me for $50 a game, he lost $100. Says I got lucky. This is exactly my point on today's game. This guy also ended with an 8.9 FBA. He said the carry down effected him. He couldn't play 10 board. Sorry about his luck. I moved to 20 with feet and played up 5 - 7 board, shot 279 and 258 last 2 games. I just said "trying moving off 10 - if you know where that is" ;) He didn't like that too much. Oh well, there's always next week.....10 may be there again for a game or so.

JAnderson
01-13-2009, 12:31 PM
And here I thought it was to win the scotch doubles with Kat and sweep us all in the Bragging Rights tournament. I don't plan on coming in last again this year! ;)

Kat and I don't have much of a chance in the scotch doubles. The bragging rights tournament is fun, but at three games across three pairs on three different conditions, it's anybody's tournament to win. You don't have much time to get lined up and a couple of breaks either way can make or break you.

Iceman
01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
The bragging rights tournament is fun, but at three games across three pairs on three different conditions, it's anybody's tournament to win. You don't have much time to get lined up and a couple of breaks either way can make or break you.

This sounds like fun :) and entertaining......

The KingPin
01-18-2009, 07:10 PM

I am sure you will win a regional. We have faith in you here at BowlingBoards.com

Jord_84
01-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

let's see, my goals for the year have been:

-maintain 190 average ...I'm up to 188 now
-bowl a 700 series ...could have had one the other day and I screwed that one up, oh well, next time.
-qualify for the local pro am tourney this year.

The KingPin
01-21-2009, 07:02 PM

-bowl a 700 series ...could have had one the other day and I screwed that one up, oh well, next time.

Great goals. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Chris

ThongPrincess
01-22-2009, 04:03 AM
My goals are:

It has been a few weeks and I feel I am definitely on the right path with my goals. the timing is much improved. I have actually received comments from teammates and fellow bowlers. The comments range from my accuracy has improved considerable to I am rolling the ball more aggressively. Personally I have noticed more consistency in hitting my target, the ball speed is back up, the ball and foot are more in sync on the first step and the long loose arm swing is back.

I am not getting frustrated over missed spares, poor shots, or low scores. While they are disappointing, I am back to being able to shrug it off and go on to the next shot, next game, next set. I am more relaxed.

I am still measuring success in terms of execution and I have to say I am finding most nights as very successful despite the scores. What I have noticed the past weeks is the scores happen to be improving also. My lowest game over the past 2 weeks has been a 125, and that was game 1 2 Mondays ago. Aside from that the lows were in the 140s. Prior to the change in focus I was regularly shooting in the 110s - 150s. My high games had been in the 160s - 170s. Since the change in focus I've shot a 191 and three 200+ games.

Finally the confidence is back. I no longer doubt myself on every decision I make. If I feel I need to move my feet, target, or both I make the move and still keep aggressive on the shot. I feel good about my bowling. Tonight we were on 1 & 2, the pair with a reputation of being the worst pair in the house. Three weeks ago my Sunday team was scheduled there i shot 133-132-133 and was 2nd high on the pair. Tonight I shot 157-174-169. The other team was intimidated by the pair and shot several sub 120 games between them. I will admit I got some help from a friend. I told him I was getting over/under and couldn't find the pocket. He watched a frame and told me wrong ball. i switched from the Whirl Wind to Game Breaker and was clean except for 4 frames - 3 splits and a washout from frame 5 in game 1 to the end of game 3.

I am definitely a happy bowler:D

The KingPin
01-23-2009, 07:29 PM
It has been a few weeks and I feel I am definitely on the right path with my goals. the timing is much improved. I have actually received comments from teammates and fellow bowlers. The comments range from my accuracy has improved considerable to I am rolling the ball more aggressively. Personally I have noticed more consistency in hitting my target, the ball speed is back up, the ball and foot are more in sync on the first step and the long loose arm swing is back.

I am not getting frustrated over missed spares, poor shots, or low scores. While they are disappointing, I am back to being able to shrug it off and go on to the next shot, next game, next set. I am more relaxed.

I am still measuring success in terms of execution and I have to say I am finding most nights as very successful despite the scores. What I have noticed the past weeks is the scores happen to be improving also. My lowest game over the past 2 weeks has been a 125, and that was game 1 2 Mondays ago. Aside from that the lows were in the 140s. Prior to the change in focus I was regularly shooting in the 110s - 150s. My high games had been in the 160s - 170s. Since the change in focus I've shot a 191 and three 200+ games.

Finally the confidence is back. I no longer doubt myself on every decision I make. If I feel I need to move my feet, target, or both I make the move and still keep aggressive on the shot. I feel good about my bowling. Tonight we were on 1 & 2, the pair with a reputation of being the worst pair in the house. Three weeks ago my Sunday team was scheduled there i shot 133-132-133 and was 2nd high on the pair. Tonight I shot 157-174-169. The other team was intimidated by the pair and shot several sub 120 games between them. I will admit I got some help from a friend. I told him I was getting over/under and couldn't find the pocket. He watched a frame and told me wrong ball. i switched from the Whirl Wind to Game Breaker and was clean except for 4 frames - 3 splits and a washout from frame 5 in game 1 to the end of game 3.

I am definitely a happy bowler:D

EXCELLENT!!! Thank you so much for the update. I think you are doing great things. Also with being a coach, people will look at you and see what you do. I think with being a coach people expect you to be composed and strong when it comes to emotions such as missed pins and such.

GREAT WORK!!!

ThongPrincess
01-24-2009, 04:06 AM
EXCELLENT!!! Thank you so much for the update. I think you are doing great things. Also with being a coach, people will look at you and see what you do. I think with being a coach people expect you to be composed and strong when it comes to emotions such as missed pins and such.

GREAT WORK!!!
Thank you! I didn't even give the best when it comes to scoring. Monday due to MLK I didn't work so I got to my 6PM league rested. What a difference 147, a slow start with spare shooting, 206-205 :D My teammates want me to call in sick to work every Monday :p

I have to say coaching the kids has helped me re-evaluate success. I enjoy talking to the kids after their league, especially the ones I didn't get to work with. When they had a good session it is fun to share their happiness and tell them congratulations! If it was not such a good day it is an opportunity to have them look at why. I love when they tell me they didn't bowl up to their potential. We then talk about why they feel that way, isit because of the scores or was there something wrong with their mechanics. More often than not it is the scores. Next question is what could you have done differently if they say nothing then they did the best they could that day and we talk about next week and what they might try. So I guess you can say I am trying to practice what I preach ;) :)

Seamistlark
01-27-2009, 04:34 PM
I have four goals
1: Maintain my concentration for three consecutive games
2: Finish the season with a 190+ average (strarted with a 149 book)
3: not kill the guy on my Men's team that is always telling me what he thinks I am doing wrong.
4: Have the best time possible on my Saturday mixed team with my Wife (we need the together time):D

The KingPin
01-27-2009, 08:29 PM
I have four goals
1: Maintain my concentration for three consecutive games
2: Finish the season with a 190+ average (strarted with a 149 book)
3: not kill the guy on my Men's team that is always telling me what he thinks I am doing wrong.
4: Have the best time possible on my Saturday mixed team with my Wife (we need the together time):D

Great goals. Please keep us posted on your outcomes

Jord_84
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm 1 pin away from my 190 average goal....I'm confident I can knock that one off my list after next Tuesday.
My new goal: being named to my town's womens all star team.
There's an annual luncheon held every year to induct people into the local bowling hall of fame, and they honor 4 all star teams as well.
I'd like a spot at on that team this year.

DaRoadHawg
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
One my goals is to have a better understanding of reading the lanes on a consistent basis. Sometimes i get into my game too much and lose focus. My past goal, although one can always use practice and help, is to be consistent with my spare p/u. I've done a whole lot better with breaking my wrist, slowing my ball speed and hitting my mark. That is with my primary ball (Hammer RoadHawg). I recently won a Brunswick TZone ball from a new years event held at Brunswick Mesa.(By the way, thank you Brunswick Mesa for the ball. I had fun on New Years Eve and love your bowling center!) Now I am practicing using it strictly for spares. But like I mentioned above, lane reading is my most concern right now...that and consistency...

Iceman
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I have four goals

And goes to show there are more pro's at local houses than the 1 or 2 statistically shown. Good luck with that - I have 1 on my Wendesday that does get under my skin at times.

ThongPrincess
02-09-2009, 12:13 AM
My "Cookie" coach, I pay him in Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ;) has been working with me on a different release. I have been working with it this past week in league. Wednesday night I got through 2 games using it and found my wrist a little tired the third game so went back to the old release.

Tonight I used the new release exclusively and was successful the first two games. I got a little sloppy game 3. The old release was with the hand more at the side of the ball, not a suitcase release but the thumb in the 11-12 o'clock position for a more down and in shot. The new release is with more of an open hand, the thumb is between 9 and 10 o'clock position. I project the ball more left and let the lane take it back to the pocket. I have to stay behind the ball and stay aggressive on release to get around the ball. I have tried this in the past, but did not have confidence resulting in not staying aggressive.

Anyhow tonight was not only a good night execution wise, but score wise also 210 - 198 - 155 = 563. I am having so much more fun now that I am evaluating based on execution rather than score. The added bonus is scores are improving. My "Cookie" coach commented he can see the confidence returning and he likes what he sees in attitude and execution. He has given me a new target for series from 500 to 540. I know I can do it as long as I don't put emphasis on it :D

11 in a row
02-21-2009, 09:25 AM
not in any order but here are my goals..
1-shoot for a 300 game
2-average 200or better....
3-800 series
4-continue to be consistent
5 be more consistent on spares (7) pin pick ups..i,m leaving too many here lately.
.and spares in general....

so here it is #1 being the one i,m really going after then #2 then #5 then#3 but most of all #4.....

these are my goals.....

11 in a row
02-21-2009, 09:35 AM
the biggest thing for me to work on or continue to work on is staying under the ball and coming out from behind the ball consistent and laying it down smoother....

seniorstroker
04-03-2009, 06:52 PM
My main goal is to learn more about ball layouts & how to use them to my advantage, also I would like to bowl in more Senior tournys, need to work on my consistency, walking a little straighter, & shooting 625 & above on any condition(lol)

Ladyk
04-04-2009, 03:13 AM

Haha! Me too! Maybe that's why I don't have a 300 yet??? Anyway that's my goal. I've only had (2) 700+ series which I was very excited about, now I'm looking for the 750+ or maybe, possibly an 800 series (dare to dream!) . . . I know my weakness is in my approach (only 3 steps) which means I have to pack a lot of movement into those steps which means that my finish isn't always balanced . . . if that makes any sense to anyone. I really need to add that 4th step, I'm just afraid of change that drastic in the middle of the season. :confused:

ebowler
04-04-2009, 07:56 AM
My goals are to have an average of 200 (currently 180) by the end of the year. With any luck at all, I hope to have my first 300 as well.

MH1313
04-04-2009, 03:22 PM
I know my weakness is in my approach (only 3 steps) which means I have to pack a lot of movement into those steps which means that my finish isn't always balanced . . . if that makes any sense to anyone. I really need to add that 4th step, I'm just afraid of change that drastic in the middle of the season. :confused:

I'd recommend if you can find time/money to do it...just go in to your center, and practice the 4 step. I'm willing to wager that once you figure it out, it'll take you 5 games or so and you'll have it down!

You don't need to do it for league just yet. I personally practice my 4 step approach (as opposed to 5) just to keep me on top of my game. I never use it in league unless the lanes are real wet, or I'm in dire need of a change of pace.

jus' sayin', I have faith in ya!

cheers!
MH

Whitelightning
04-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Continue to carry atleast current avg of 208.
Want another 300 this year ( 3 career)
Looking to top my current high of 802 and look to step up in up coming State Tournamnet in Houston.
Would like to increase my spare% on 10 pins.
Continue consistancy on mental aspect of game

NoTapNorm
04-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Posted my personal best last night (4/23/09)
259-234-256=749

dougb
04-24-2009, 09:15 PM
My goals:

- Get my average up to 180 (I'm a first year bowler, I started the season at 111, now my league average is at 150, and I've been averaging 185 the last few weeks with several 200+ games)
- 700 series (I broke 600 twice)
- Learn how to read the lanes better and make adjustments quicker
- Have fun!

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Short term:
Finish top 3 in the CFBC
Find out how to get in a city tournament
Throw a perfect game

Long term:
Try out for the tour (everybodys dream right)

No Open Tenths
04-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Goals for next season:
Ave 210 for season
Have more good weeks.(My bad weeks were better this year, just too many of them)
Get invited to associations invitational tourney.(I don't have alot of control over this only being able to bowl 1-2 leagues a week)

For this summer:
Practice at least 30 games a week
Get comfortable throwing plastic ball at lefthand spares.
Improve release.
Increase ball speed.

mcdawg
05-09-2009, 06:14 PM
My first goal is to get my 2nd 300 so I know the first wasn't a fluke. My second goal is to do good at States which I will be bowling next week. It would be sweet to have my second perfect game come at states.

bigern523
05-10-2009, 03:17 AM
My goal is to stay ahead of my brother in 300 games .We were tied at the start of the season . He had one early to go ahead. I got one in december to tie it up at 11. Then the best . He asked me to sub one night and I shot one the last game to take the lead . His first comment to me was " Who asked you to sub anyway" . lol .

maverick_124
05-10-2009, 12:41 PM
my goals are...

average: 225 for a night
games: 270, 280, and finally my 1st 300
carry a 200 average throu a season

AND

learn how to use the blasted rogue cell!!!!

Jamski
06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Immediate goals:
Raise my average another 20 pins by the end of the year.
Roll at least one clean game a week.
No single game lower than a 165.

Long term:
Enter my first local tournament for the competitive experience.
Get involved in an adult league. I love bowling with my son, but I'd like to be able to bowl against some real rollers.
Get a proper spare ball so I can stop sweating the seven and tens.
Get a more aggressive ball so I can roll with more power.
Get at least ten games in a week.

Jord_84
06-07-2009, 08:36 PM

well, that post is older than dirt...so I think it's time to set some new goals.

maintain a 200 average
bowl my first 300
bowl in my first pro am this summer
continue to win every 9 pin tourney my house holds this summer
make it onto my towns all-star team
get onto a more competitive league in the fall
volunteer as a coach for the Sat. morning youth in the fall.

gparks
11-06-2009, 07:02 PM
finish this season with a 210 average currently 198 at week 13 of 32 (was even 200 for 3 weeks) ill get it back. pop 700 this year been close several times this year silly splits have killed me:( convert my arsenal to all 15lbs(2 left my light oil ball and spare ball) hit some state tourneys and of course would like a 300 before i die *prays* the easy goal for me is to have fun every leauge or practice night im giddy and ready to go! :)

Stormed1
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
My goal is to get back to where i was before the foot injury and going blind in my left eye. Prior to the foot i was 200 plus since around 1983. I have set a goal to be back w to where i can bowl the senior national stop in Hammond Ind. and be competetive. That all will depend on when the dr lets me get back to bowling. I will have to "learn" how to bowl all over again as bowling in a cast has caused me to pick up some "bad" habits.

mike-boogie
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
my goals are to get a 600 series and to be more consistent with spares. Also someday break down and learn how to throw with the thumb! lol. someday.

Jord_84
11-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I think it's time for some new goals, I've crossed three off my list since I joined here.

Short term:
Bowl a SANCTIONED 700 series
Get my average over 200 and maintain it.
Win the turkey day 5-man team tourney.
Win singles in the women's city tourney
Get my 10 pin pickup down.

Long term:
Go to nationals
Join the ABT
Bowl a 300
Win another state title
...Get my son to love bowling as much as I do! Lol

branstew
11-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Mine are to reach and maintain a 180 + average
Bowl a game higher than my 263
And win a comp as I have had enough seconds

BowlingObsessed
06-22-2010, 12:40 AM
bowl a perfect game finally after about a million varipapa 300's
lead the league im in, in average
win a tournament

TheBob
07-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I've had a 171 average 3 of the last 4 years, so my main goal is to improve on that. Another goal is to have a 700 series. I was very close once (484 after 2 games), and I think I'll get one eventually.

One minor goal is to have a 80% single-pin spare percentage for the year. Most of the time, I'm extremely accurate, but there are certain points in the season where I can't convert some of them for some bizarre reason.

fatski
09-01-2010, 01:12 AM
my Goals
1. have fun
2. relax
3. take what the lane gives me
4. have a clean series
5. average 220
6. shoot a 300 game,and a 700 and 800 series

team goals
1. win league title
2. win city title
3. win state title
4. win national title

i think that would be fun

WAC4504
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
My number one goal is to remember to keep the speed low and the revs high, if I can do that I'll be happy.

lucky strike
10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
My main goal is to spare shooting and I would like to see my average increase by at least 40 pins by the end of the season.

jhoff5489
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
To get to the point where 2 opens is a very bad game
Improve my single pin spare percentage to 100
Improve my moderate split (5-7, 5-10, 3-10, 4-5, etc.) conversion percentage to 60 or better
Improve my difficult split (4-6, 4-6-7, 4-6-10) conversion percentage to 25 or better
Shoot consecutive 200+ games (had a 202-199 in practice last month)
To no longer be the worst league bowler in the history of my center

jimgilmore
11-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm hoping to hit a 200 game before this season ends. And in the long term beat 234 my so far highest game ever.
I bowled 178,165,146 this week.
First game had 1 open,second game had 2 opens and third game had 4 opens. So if I can eliminate the opens I'd be close to the 200 .

Trex
07-26-2011, 01:53 AM
My Goal is to own my own bowling center.

alltenback
07-26-2011, 01:06 PM
My Goals that are left are roll a 300 in league (not just in practice) and a 800 series would be nice too. Maybe they will go hand and hand? I did pretty well the last 3 years of bowling taking care of all my other goals. example: winning league champion, 275 game (a total of 15 in league), 700 series award, Average 205 for the season.

I am pretty stoked with what I have done so far. Hopefully the 300 will come but I keep choking. I think I just want it to much and then I get the shakes.

The Mayor
07-26-2011, 03:02 PM
It will come when you least expect it. Every time you get deep in the game with a chance is going to make it easier the next time it happens. You'll get it soon!

HunterRunsIt
11-23-2011, 10:52 PM
I've been bowling for 6 months!
-First goal 200(X)
-Bowl a 220(X)
-Bowl a 250+(X)
-Bowl a 300
-600 Series(X) Practice/Unsanctioned I bowl for my highschool and we bowl, ethier 2 games or Baker

Bowling Wonder
11-24-2011, 11:48 AM
My main goal is to increase my spare shooting accuracy.

bdpeters
11-25-2011, 02:11 PM
well since I just got back into it after many years away and found out how rusty I really am i would set my short term goals at just bowling a 160. Also to just be able to hit the lanes at least once a week.

Bri

o0 DraastiK
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
My goal is to have my average to a 170 before the end of this league.

Special_K
02-04-2012, 11:04 PM
i would love to get my average over 200

striker12
02-07-2012, 05:00 PM
my goals:
1- to get my first 700 series
2- to get my first 800 series
3- to throw a 260+ game
4- to throw my first 300 game
5- to throw a 11 in a row

it will take me some time to get it but i will get it some time but im also a 4th year bowler soo i have alittle bit more time to go befor i can go pro