PDA

View Full Version : My test drive with the new RG Wrecker

The German Shepherd
01-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Took the new Wrecker out yesterday to see what she could do. When I got to Blue Valley Lanes, I was happy to see that the lanes had not been oiled yet since last night's two league shifts. I really wanted the shot to be totally broken down. Terry gave me a lane that had been bowled on by a ladies doubles league where nearly everything thrown would have been polyester balls. This would guarantee a load of carry-down - yummy!

I bowled a total of five games and they went like this (in order) - 196, 201, 214, 216, 234. Half way through a sixth game, a solenoid broke in the pin-setter so Terry wanted to move me to a different pair, but I told him not to bother. My back was aching and it was time to call it a day. Too bad, though, as I had thrown the first 5 strikes in a row...

This ball performed the way I had hoped for - late roll and good hitting power. I have it drilled 6 inches from pin to PAP and the CG kicked out some - pretty much a stacked lay-out from the looks of it.

Jay

RoccoRock
01-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Good to hear, I've been thinking of buying a Wrecker as my next ball. I am looking for something to replace my 607A, and this might do the trick. This would be more of a medium oil ball for me, I need something really weak like the Natural Pearl when the lanes break down.

billf
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Jay, I take it you're satisfied then? :D

BrandonKR
01-12-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm getting this ball soon, I'm definitely looking forward to using it.