PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Talon: Shred the Lane!

toverbey
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Lane Condition:
40ft THS on Brunswick ProLane
Medium-Heavy Volume

Layout:
5” x 5”
65 x 5” x 40

If you need a ball that has no problem finding the friction through even the heaviest of volumes, look no farther. The Raptor Talon is the newest addition to Motiv’s line that gives you unparalleled control in oil without sacrificing any hitting power going through the pins. The new Fusion Solid cover stock (finished at 2000 grit) combined with the aggressive Predator core (2.46 RG, .060 Diff) creates a very strong, early motion. I laid my Talon out a bit on the weaker side based on my (happy) experience with the Raptor P7. Even with this layout the core is very strong and perfectly complements the aggressive nature of the coverstock. The moment I release this ball I can see it trying to gain traction on the lane. The midlane motion is very pronounced; the white and yellow logos make watching this ball flare extremely easy. While the backend is understandably smooth and controllable, the power through the pins is nothing short of amazing. To date there have been no issues about this ball hooking on any pattern I have thrown it on. Raw hook is what the Motiv Raptor Talon is all about. Shred the lane!

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com