PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Florida Tournament - Pure Evil Pattern

Gunny
01-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Tournament in Tavares, FL, at Breakpoint Alley

Good tournaments that they run on tough sport patterns. Anyone in the surrounding area should give it a shot.

Here's some footage I put together from my day there. Bowled on the 38ft Pure Evil pattern from Joe Slowinski. Tough pattern with out of bounds outside of 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghHBhNCIts

striker12
01-14-2013, 09:14 PM
gunny what ball where you throwing

billf
01-14-2013, 09:17 PM
The one in his hand lol
O, wait, I know Striker, one that you want to try.

striker12
01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
well true bill i want to try every ball out thats why im manly going for the older balls now because they are out not that long anymore but im wondering.

it looks like the "solar black" but not sure.

Gunny
01-15-2013, 06:47 AM
During qualifying I was throwing the Aftermath, 42°x3 3/4"x55°, surface at 15000. In the video I was throwing the Dominion Hybrid, 65°x3 3/8"x25°, surface at 2000 w/polish.
If you click on my youtube link in my signature, I have a video review of the Dominion Hybrid on a house pattern. Featuring three different balls with different layouts and surface.

Gunny
01-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Here's some more info I wrote about the tournament.

Link to Pattern http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/...l_original.pdf

The pattern was the Pure Evil pattern and according to the tournament director was the hardest of the Slowinski patterns. I watched the first squad to see how they played, and everyone was trying to play right of 3rd arrow and trying to get the ball to recover in the out of bounds. A lot of low scores the first squad, they had a practice pair set up, so off I went to dial it in.

I bowled the second squad and shot decent, had a great look throwing the Aftermath at 1500, but just couldn't get the breaks. I was playing deep, standing left foot on 40, 23/24 at the arrows, and about 11/12 at the breakpoint. They were only taking the top two of each squad along with high scratch.

Third squad I shoot games of 224, 202, 229 for a 655 set, and it put me at the top of the leader board, heading into the semi's. In the semi's the lanes had started to dry up in the middle, but still had plenty of out of bounds outside 10. So I made a ball change to the Dominion, 65°x3 3/8"x25° 2000w/polish. I was able to stand in the same spot and play the same line as I was with the Aftermath. I struggled to shoot 184 the first game, than I came back with a 214 in game two.

I had a nice run going into the 10th the third game, and a strike in the tenth would have put me in the close to the #1 seed. I stoned a 10pin, and yes, this dummy forgot his spare ball, so I struggled with right side spares, this one included. Missed it for a 218 game and ended up being the 3rd seed. This pair was the toughest, with the right lane being extremely dry in the middle and still had the out of bounds. What are the odds of this pair being picked for the finals.....not too high, as it was chosen.

I knew I was going to have to get deeper on this pair for the finals, and I ended up having to sit on the ball return on the right lane, and a 5 & 2 move left on the left lane. I knew the scores were gonna be low, finished 4th, cashed and made a profit.

Overall me and my buddies had a great time like we always do.

striker12
01-17-2013, 03:26 PM
the Dominion looked great going down the lane but from everything i have heard seismic balls cost alot i want to get one but only problem is money i only get $300 a month and that is only enough for 1 ball a month.

Gunny
01-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Not sure what the going rate in Canada is, but Seismic balls do not cost no more than any other companies balls. We are right in line with their prices. The new release, the Dominion Hybrid, is actually a mid priced ball at $142 shipped. Euphoria about $115 and Blackout about $135 shipped. These prices are US prices, and right in line with any other brand out there.

We do have a staff member in Canada, his name is Yanick Miller millerlite32@hotmail.com Contact him if your interested, and I'm sure he can give you the actual prices in Canada. Here in the states, they are priced really close to all the other brands.

striker12
01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
i ahve talked to yanick on here but he said there about $250 not including shipping or drilling and for me to get a ball drilled costs $77 and that $250 is for the ranging bull stamped