PDA

View Full Version : Disturbed Review by Dan Schaden Jr

StoRoto2013
01-15-2013, 09:31 AM
The Roto Grip Disturbed is a lot of bang for your buck. The disturbed hooked more than I expected but I was not disappointed. The backend motion is continuous and strong. I am a tweener with a rev rate around 300 and my axis point is 5 5/8 over and ¾ up with a little axis tilt. I am more of up the back release guy that likes to play right but can and will move left. The layout that I used was pin under the fingers with the cg kicked out with an extra hole at 45 degrees from the center grip to the VAL. The surface was modified to 3000 grit with polish to get through the fronts a little easier. The out of box surface was just too much too early for me. The disturbed for me is a heavier rolling ball than the Berserk and had more backend reaction at the breakpoint.

I started with the Disturbed on the 2012 Master’s pattern playing around 5 at the arrows and keeping it tight to the pocket. The disturbed was strong enough to get through conditioner and was very readable on the backend. With most of the field playing to the left of me I moved in and the Disturbed was too much too early…. The ball that I switched too was the Roto Grip Shatter than to the Rising Star. Once I made match play and the pattern was reapplied I was back in business with the disturbed! Playing out and enough conditioner in the heads the Disturbed went into beast mode! When there is medium to heavy concentration of conditioner on the lane the Disturbed is a beast even with polish on it!

I also practiced on a typical house pattern with the disturbed and was pleasantly surprised by how it handled the extreme wet dry. The Disturbed did roll early but continued through the pocket like it meant business! I usually have a hard time with Typical House Patterns until they carry down a little but using the disturbed it blended that over/under out! I had room left and surprised by how much room I had to the right also!

Overall opinion of the Disturbed is good. For me the Disturbed really read the mid lane and was readable at the break point. For the Disturbed to be successful it needs medium to heavy oil and for the pattern to be on the long side.

Daniel Schaden Jr
Storm/Roto Grip Pro Shop Staff
Vise Staff