PDA

View Full Version : Hot night with 3 games over 200 with a high scratch series.......

Hammer
01-19-2013, 11:27 AM
January 12th league night was a hot one for sure for me. I had three games of 220, 214 and finished with a 247. That gave me a scratch series of 681 which is my high of the year. It has been a while since I bowled like this. My approach, release and just the right revs on the ball all seemed to be clicking on all cylinders. I don't know if I just happened to be in the zone that night or what but I just had confidence with each shot I made. I also tried what they say is the visualization part of the game. That means to play the shot in your mind how you want it done before you do it. Using that and having good confidence that night all came together and gave me a night to remember. I got a lot of high fives
from my teammates and from the team we were bowling against. They said even though we beat them they enjoyed watching me bowl. Other members on our league came up and gave me congrats. What a great night to put into the memory banks.

cane
01-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeaaaah man, good going! Confidence breeds... confidence!

striker12
01-19-2013, 05:25 PM
nice job on the games im still looking for my first 200 for this year already shot 12 games in the 190s

billf
01-19-2013, 08:24 PM
It's the nights when everything feels so right that keep us coming back. Great job!

Hammer
03-10-2013, 01:46 PM
nice job on the games im still looking for my first 200 for this year already shot 12 games in the 190s

The thing to do to finally get that first 200 game is to not look at your score until the game is done. If you are bowling good at the start of a game just keep your mind focused on making a good approach and release. If you look at your score before you are done you will be thinking stuff like all I need are two more spares and I will have my 200 game. That will just make you tense and you will be steering the shot instead of just swinging naturally and will probably end up with a pulled shot missing the pocket on your first ball or missing an easy spare that would have given you a 200 game. WAIT UNTL YOU FINISH YOUR GAME AND THEN LOOK AT YOUR SCORE.

SmilingBowler
03-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Bottom Line:
WAIT UNTL YOU FINISH YOUR GAME AND THEN LOOK AT YOUR SCORE.

Great quote. That keeps you focused on consistent bowling. The game isn't always all about your score.
Relax. Take a deep breath before you pick up your ball, exhale as you set up and smile at the pins. (: .)

ecub
03-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Congrats! :)