PDA

View Full Version : My Kid's first tournament

jbeck
01-19-2013, 08:36 PM
My 9yo son bowled in his first tournament since joining the league today. I was kinda nervous for him because I know he's not as good as most kids, but he's definitely improved from the start of the season averaging only 33 to now averaging just above 70. Well he was starting off on his team because he had the highest handicap of a 116. Earlier during league play his last game was a 75 which had been his lowest game in a while and I'm sure it was cause he was goofing off and not focusing. I told him he's gonna have to focus when the tournament starts. Well he did just that, throwing his first game of a 138, and his next game a 159! That was his highest game ever so far. He finished with a 146 and his first 400 series. He also threw his first Turkey which he had been wanting to do for a while. I was so proud of him and his teammates. They were in a zone and really crushed the visiting team by more than 150 pins each game. His team was making more spares than the other team. He had a lot of fun, but he wasn't goofing around and stayed focus. I, my wife, and his grandparents were so proud of him. One of his teammates who also bowls with him during league was second behind him, and on his last game he was on a roll throwing six strikes in a row, 8 strikes total ending the game with a 243! Probably the highest scratch game that day, not sure because we didn't stay til the end.

billf
01-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Awesome! Focusing for any real length of time is a challenge for ANY 9 year old. You're proud and rightfully so.

Davec13
01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
That's great he bowled good and had fun

vikingbowler88
01-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Congrats! I cant wait till my daughter is old enought to start getting into bowling. She is only 11 months :( still have some time!

Loyer807
01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Thats awesome! I think he deserves an ice cream after that performance.

Perrin
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Tell him 'Congrats' focusing and getting that big score when you want it is a great feeling :) and that's not even mentioning the first turkey feeling :)

jbeck
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
He definitely got ice cream, and talked about it to his friends when he came home to play outside!