01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Another Canadian!!!!

I'll comment on the video when i get home from work lol

Ape Man
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Mississauga to be exact

striker12
01-21-2013, 06:46 PM
welcome fellow canadian from ontario i was at mississauga 2 years ago for a bowling turnny

striker12
01-21-2013, 06:50 PM
nice video nice spare at the start of the video, everything i seen was pretty good but i got to say one thing your approach you make a small step on your first step but it seems to work great for you.

billf
01-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Your steps are too short for my liking. Howver, your timing, release and finish position (most of the time) were spot on.
I would guess you average about 197. Any particular areas you seem to struggle with?

JaMau24
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Ever thought about starting back at the dots and taking bigger steps? It will definitely bring more speed if that's what you're wanting.

K3ntFIN
01-22-2013, 06:18 AM
Nice reaction and release. What sticks out to me are the steps. Not the amount or size of them, but the timing. It seems the release is a little rushed as a consequence. I am just trying to come up with a way to give you little more time on the release to make it a bit more relaxed and repeatable.
I need to scan and attache the step-diagram I use, it's a lot easier than explaining in text, but the basic idea is a five-step approach. 1st step one foot forward, as it hits start the swing, 2nd step in front of the left foot (close) with toes pointing towards the 10-pin. This will give your hip a slight twist to make better room for the swing. 3rd step is straight and long, 4th step short, quick and ends up either next to the left foot from the third step or slightly forward, but not much. 5th is again a long sliding step and should come to a complete stop before the ball is fully released.
Confusing in text? yep, the diagram makes it all clear. :) I'll get on to that.;)

Ape Man
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the input. I am actually happy to see people mentioning my footwork. I recently moved up on the approch, as I used to start at the second set of dots and take the same style/amount of steps (I would end like 3feet BACK from the foul line). After bowling 299's and a 300 this way I never thought to change until after I got my IQ drilled. The ball would roll up so early I couldn't figure out why, until I realized the lane I was bowling on was like 5 feet longer then it should be haha.

Its been a bit of getting used to moving up and finishing where I should, but I feel more comfortable now (this was like 2 weeks ago). I do want to work on taking slower steps aswell as a longer first step, but during the summer after my league is finished.

And K3ntFIN I would love to see the diagram, because I do feel sometimes my release is rushed and my reaction/accuracy suffers due to this.

K3ntFIN
01-22-2013, 08:50 AM
This picture is demonstrating the timing towards the end pretty well I think. Hannele Impola, the featured player has one of the best timings I've ever seen. In this shot she's finished her fourth step and is just starting her fifth as the backswing is starting the downswing from its apex. This gives her ample time to complete the fifth step and release the ball in a very consistent manner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/k3ntfin/6716031215/in/set-72157628812810241