PDA

View Full Version : There is only one way to stay balanced in your nslide step.....

Hammer
01-21-2013, 05:30 PM
When you go into your slide step you have to make sure that your foot slides a little to the inside and not straight ahead. Sometimes it is easy to overlook this. If you want to check this out do this. Stand straight with your feet in normal position and raise one foot. Depending on which foot you raise you will fall to that side, left fall left and right fall right. Now pick either your left or right foot and put it in the center of your body and raise your other foot. A heck of a lot easier to stay balanced on one foot. When you get unbalanced in your slide step after you throw your ball this might be your problem. Your slide foot is not going to the center of your body enough.

Mike White
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
You shouldn't adjust your slide foot to be in the middle of your body, you should adjust your body to be centered over your slide foot.

Your slide foot should slide on a path that is parallel to the line you want to project the ball down.

Hammer
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
You shouldn't adjust your slide foot to be in the middle of your body, you should adjust your body to be centered over your slide foot.

Your slide foot should slide on a path that is parallel to the line you want to project the ball down.

I don't know about you but I have a five step approach and my second step is a crossover step with my left foot. Now because of this my slide foot which is my right foot-I am a lefty-is about four boards right from where it was. But after my fourth step which is my power step my slide step which is my fifth step angles in a little as I slide to the foul line and ends up back where it started. You might not have
a crossover step in your approach and are somehow able to have your slide step end up on the board it started on.

billf
01-21-2013, 10:42 PM
I use a cross over step but that's to have my lay down on the board my slide foot started on plus it allows me to angle my hips, shoulders, etc. to be square to the breakpoint.

billf
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
BTW, if you've seen Mike bowl and follow his postings, he definitely knows what he is talking about. I think you two might mean the same thing but coming across differently in print.

Tampabaybob
01-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes Bill, communicating things in writing is kinda hard and will come across differently. As long as your body is centered over your slide foot at the line it almost doesn't matter how you got there. I've seen a lot of great bowlers that had crazy approaches but always ended up balanced at the line. Go figure.