PDA

View Full Version : For all those moments you feel like a pro...or don't

The German Shepherd
01-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Tonight was one of those nights I wish I could have back. The folks at the bowling house replaced all their pins over the weekend and you could really hear the difference in the noise the pins made when being hit. In my experience, though, brand spankin' new pins can give you some trouble with pin-carry. That was certainly evident tonight. I left 11 single pins - 8 of them were SOLID tens. Of those eight, I missed three. My scores were 193, 216 and 248 in that order. We won 5 out of 7 points. The high-light for me was the end of game #2. I bowl anchor and needed to strike out to win the game by a single pin and I indeed struck out. Blood was pumping, though....

Jay

billf
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
We got new pins also. I noticed on the first ball of practice. Strange echoey sound. First time I've bowled with new pins so hearing that carry can be an issue makes me feel a little better. I threw one that I thought was perfect until it left a solid 4-7. Even the other team said they didn't know how it was left standing.

Anyway, great shooting as usual!

The German Shepherd
01-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Tell you what, Bill, I am about ready to try a DV8 ball. The ones I am thinking about right now are Marauder and too Reckless. What would you think??

Jay

billf
01-21-2013, 11:05 PM
I would think it was about time lol
The Too Reckless is probably the best ball overall in their lineup. The Marauder is great for a long ball with a big backend. The Too Reckless is more arcing. I'm sure either will get you another 800 as they seem to really like Tweeners.