PDA

View Full Version : BrandonKR's Scores

BrandonKR
01-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Thought I'd start one of these now that our league season came back tonight!

Had a really nice look tonight and shot 245, 214 and 197 for 656 with the Storm IQ Tour Pearl. It was reading the lane really well and wasn't over reacting.

Had the back 7 in the first game which was nice, but couldn't string any strikes together in the last game, even though I closed every frame. I had made some minor tweaks with my game over the holidays and my shot just feels a lot more comfortable and consistent now :)

Hoping to bowl even better next week.

BrandonKR
01-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Had a practice today and averaged 195 over 12 games which is ok considering I tried out my new Wrecker today :)

BrandonKR
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Back to league last night and shot 190, 240, 205 for a 635.

Wasn't really getting a good look with the IQ Tour Pearl and made a ball change to the Wrecker which read a bit in the midlane in last frame of Game 1. Last night I was having a tendency to miss left by a couple of boards (i'm a lefty) and since the Wrecker had a bit of midlane to it I decided to use it. Moved over 4 with the feet 1 with the eyes. It worked. I had the back 7 of the second game and front 3 in the last. Kinda lost my look in the last but still ended up with a decent game. :)

Loving the new Wrecker :)

BrandonKR
02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Wow. Back to Youth league this morning and bowled awful. 177, 164 and 236 for a 577. My release and walk up didn't feel right all the way through and wasn't laying the ball down consistently. Hopefully next week will be a lot better.

BrandonKR
02-07-2013, 05:38 AM
A very warm night here, and has expected, the lanes dried up by the last game. Tonight has having the tendency once again to miss right of target, but only came apparent in the last game. The IQ Tour Pearl was doing wonders, I was putting in great shots and shot 223 and 235 in the first two. By the last game I had lost my line and was starting to get some over over/under. 6th frame I changed ball to the Wrecker (a bit too late) and wasn't getting any results there either. Ended bowling a terrible 149, but still felt I had bowled well. 607 series got me 2 below average but nevermind.

This Saturday I have Victorian State Championships, so wish me luck :)

BrandonKR
02-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Well. I got some advice on Thursday night from a veteran who had bowled at the centre I bowled at for state championships yesterday, he said the lanes were usually dry. Dry was an understatement. It felt like, looked like a reverse block, but apparently it was their 'THS'. Right. The approaches were terrible, I slipped a few times and lost balance in most shots of my first squad, another few people actually fell over at the line. And the second best bowler in Australia only shot 514.
First block - 495
Second block - 507
Third block - 485
By the third block my thumb was dead and struggled to fit in the ball, I also switched to plastic in the last two games and managed to strike a few times, but nothing special. On the bright side, my qualifying score of 507 (lol) put me in first place for junior masters qualifying? (LOL) and apparently there wont be many juniors coming in the next 3 days of the tournament so I should be bowling again next Sunday for masters.
A disastrous day, but hopefully i've learnt and i'll be fresh for next week.

BrandonKR
02-15-2013, 06:52 AM
League last night, 203, 172, 204 for 579 series. Started off with IQ Tour Pearl and as games went on, to the Wrecker then to Dark Star as thing dried up very quickly.

Went to another house and pro shop tonight to get some things fixed, and after my span is changed and my thumb hole shape is changed, I shoot my 2nd highest game ever, 277. :P
I think I'm going to be going there more often.