PDA

View Full Version : Wrecker

kingpinwoods
01-24-2013, 08:21 AM
** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *WRECKER

I took on a fresh 41' house shot. My game is that I'm a tweener with about 300rpm and 15.5 mph ball speed. When I tried to throw this ball around the 10th board out to the 5th board with my lack of ball speed, the Wrecker went sideways and finished high or through the nose. So I thought about a surface change. I took a 4000 pad and hand sanded the Wrecker to dull it down a little. After sanding it, I played the lanes 10 to 5 and the ball was a little earlier but the backend motion was a lot smoother. So I then moved left to about 13 to 5 and the extra head oil helped me get the extra length I needed with a strong but continuous backend. These latest balls from Roto Grip are going to be great additions to the best ball line on the planet. Great job Utah!!!!
*For me this ball REALLY came to life after the surface change. Never be scared to change the surface of any bowling ball to get a different reaction for your game.*

unclemantis
01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *WRECKER

I took on a fresh 41' house shot. My game is that I'm a tweener with about 300rpm and 15.5 mph ball speed. When I tried to throw this ball around the 10th board out to the 5th board with my lack of ball speed, the Wrecker went sideways and finished high or through the nose. So I thought about a surface change. I took a 4000 pad and hand sanded the Wrecker to dull it down a little. After sanding it, I played the lanes 10 to 5 and the ball was a little earlier but the backend motion was a lot smoother. So I then moved left to about 13 to 5 and the extra head oil helped me get the extra length I needed with a strong but continuous backend. These latest balls from Roto Grip are going to be great additions to the best ball line on the planet. Great job Utah!!!!
*For me this ball REALLY came to life after the surface change. Never be scared to change the surface of any bowling ball to get a different reaction for your game.*

Thank you for giving me the idea of changing the surface. I will keep what I have and if I need to I will have my pro-shop make the changes.