PDA

View Full Version : My first video - Please tear into me!

ZRock
01-25-2013, 12:26 AM
http://youtu.be/XdpT8l3NUiI

ZRock
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
No ideas?

billf
01-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Sorry, didn't see the post.

1. Finish closer to the foul line. You're giving away too much lane being a foot or so away
2. Your slide was different in each shot. The view from the side it was very good but in one of the others you didn't slide at all. This can lead to inconsistent balance which leads to all sorts of issues including accuracy.
3. When your balance hand comes off the ball, put it out in front of you before pulling it back. Thumb down is preferred. It will help with momentum and keepig your hips properly aligned to your breakpoint.
4. I'm sure you know this but try to keep your balance leg closer to the floor.

ZRock
01-26-2013, 10:41 PM
As far as the slide, wife spilled beer, got onto my sole, so I stuck on the ones from behind >.<.
Do you have any advice for how to move closer to the line? I had an old coach work with me on this for almost a week, and this is much improved from what it used to be. My problem is if I get any closer than this, mentally I feel like I'm WAYYYYYYYYY too close and I usually pull up and ruin my shot.

Thanks for the 3/4 tips, never had even thought of them!!!

billf
01-26-2013, 10:46 PM
With #3 I actually put my arm so my thumb is just above my target. Kind of helps me keep my eye on it.
As you know, I'm a bit unconventional (sounds better than weird or insane). To cure this I had a friend bowl blind folded. I ran out of ideas because know matter where we started his approach, he would adjust his step length to finish at the same spot. Figuring out the mental issues all of us bowlers have can be the biggest challenge to the game.

billf
01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Over all, I like your shot. The beer would explain the sticking. Alcohol abuse, what a shame.

ZRock
01-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey! it was her fault! At least it made me change my sole.