PDA

View Full Version : Horrible night

Keithalw
01-28-2013, 07:08 PM
I went to league and was feeling good till the first game ended... I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. I missed single pins splits and if everything fell over I managed some how to miss it lol... I just coudlnt peice anything together last night. I shot 130 146 16o something... I was so not happy and what made it worse was we of course some how only managed to loose three but my partner shot hella good with a 700 series first time he did it in league so of course I was happy for him but irritated we lost due to me not bowling as good as I can... All through league we knew it was my speed on the ball I just some how couldnt manage to get it down to normal...So all in all it didnt get no better cause after league I stay to practice to shoot a freaking 607 im like really where was this in league... partner was like yeah i should stab you in your eye lol... anyways thats how sunday league not went

unclemantis
01-28-2013, 07:55 PM
I went to league and was feeling good till the first game ended... I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. I missed single pins splits and if everything fell over I managed some how to miss it lol... I just coudlnt peice anything together last night. I shot 130 146 16o something... I was so not happy and what made it worse was we of course some how only managed to loose three but my partner shot hella good with a 700 series first time he did it in league so of course I was happy for him but irritated we lost due to me not bowling as good as I can... All through league we knew it was my speed on the ball I just some how couldnt manage to get it down to normal...So all in all it didnt get no better cause after league I stay to practice to shoot a freaking 607 im like really where was this in league... partner was like yeah i should stab you in your eye lol... anyways thats how sunday league not went

Just think on the bright side.

Your low game is someone else's high game :-D

striker12
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
we all have a bad night here or there but the thing you should of done was if you want to slow down your throw is slow down your feet but when you start having a bad game try not to think of the game but think of what you can do to fix it.

i use to always think of it when i was shooting bad and always missing spares and it would get into my head and mess up all my game, then i learned to stop thinking of my shots and think about what i want to get and then of how to get it.

RoccoRock
01-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Sounds familiar, I had pretty much the same thing Thursday night. Worst part is waiting a week for a shot at redemption. For me, it happens every time I'm felling good, and I am hot going into my league. Makes me want to put my stuff away for good, and go back to racing RC cars.

Zothen
01-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Those are excellent games! In Sport league last year I bowled a 95,100,110,105,120,130 for most of the year. Now that I have corrected 95% of my problems,i'm bowling 150 and above in Sport and 180 on THS.

Zothen

e-tank
01-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Tough break man. Hopefully you do better next week!

Hammer
01-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Bowling can be a frustrating game. January 12 on league night I bowled a 220, 214 and a 247. I pre-bowled for our January 26th league
night because I was having arthroscopic knee surgery on the Friday of the 25th. I started out with a 161. Lanes were dry as dust and I had a hard time finding the pocket and picking up single pin spares. I didn't give up though. Sometimes when you start out bad you try harder and make things worse. Then you blow all three games. I ended up playing deeper then I usually do but it worked out. It turned out that is where I had to be to hit the pocket. Plus I was able to figure out where to stand to pick up those single pin spares on the dry as dust lanes. Second game was 190 and the third was a 183. So instead of getting mad at your first game use your head and think about where you should target to hit the pocket and make adjustments for those single pin spares. So come up with a plan to make things better instead of getting mad. Tense muscles will make for shots that aren't accurate which means too much speed so the ball won't break at the right point or pulled shots that will miss those single pin spares that we should hit. Bad games happen to everyone. Life is the same way, not every day is a good day for us. You just have to work through it and before you know it you will be wondering how you are getting so many strikes and making almost all of your spares. NEVER GIVE UP THE SHIP.

billf
01-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Everybody has those nights. I'm averaging (or was) 228 on Mondays. Just shot 116, 209, 234. Talk about not being able to hit the broad side of a barn, I couldn't find the farm the barn is on!

J Anderson
01-28-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't know which is worse, not being able to figure out what's wrong, or knowing what's wrong and not being able to fix it.

Keithalw
01-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Well I have to say that afterwards knowing it was speed and some how i couldnt fix the problem in league and fixed it after wards... knowing and not able to fix is it lol...

It was a bad night but its whatever e lost three that means next week I got to come in and help win all four... I hate losing I know its for fun but it is a sport and competeion and I like to win lol

backlasher
01-29-2013, 06:27 AM
That's the kind of thing that makes me look forward to next week.

RoccoRock
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't know which is worse, not being able to figure out what's wrong, or knowing what's wrong and not being able to fix it.

That's the only good thing I can take away from my latest disaster, I think I know what was wrong. I noticed 2 things when I saw the video. One, I was bowling thumbless, and my backswing was too high. I had the ball up near my head, and that's just too much for my thumbless delivery. The other issue was timing, I was getting into my swing too early. When I went back, and looked at video of my thumbless, two handed, and thumb in deliveries, it was all the same story. My timing stinks, no matter what style I am currently using. I think I have fixed it. We will see when I hit the lanes this week.

scottymoney
01-30-2013, 09:01 AM
If you have ever read the book the Game Changer by Mark Baker, his one thing he teaches that everyone does the same is that your arm should be parallel to the floor when your slide foot hits the floor. 99% of professional bowlers do this even though nothing else might be the same this is the point where everything needs to match. Through most of the rest of the book he talks about how to fix if this is not happening basically ways to fix timing whether early or late.

Just typing this out make me want to read the book again.

unclemantis
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007SXHZTQ

Keithalw
01-31-2013, 03:59 AM
I might try to get it and read it... I just know all together that night I might have been there but I wasnt lol

scottymoney
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Mantis not sure you will get much out of the book with your style. Your arm never goes above parallel so anything in that book with timing is probably not going to be very helpful. Some of the timing things may help but a lot of it is based on the parallel arm to the floor concept.

unclemantis
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Mantis not sure you will get much out of the book with your style. Your arm never goes above parallel so anything in that book with timing is probably not going to be very helpful. Some of the timing things may help but a lot of it is based on the parallel arm to the floor concept.

It is still a good book. Hell I used a gift card i got from filling out a survey to pay for it :-D