PDA

View Full Version : Lord Field Judgement

Probowlerjg
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Loved this ball out of box. Layout is 4x4x4 with no weight hole, 7/8 side and top. Great mid lane read and back end pop. Carried just about everything especially during transition. I am considered a tweener so for me I had about a 7 board area with this ball. Adapts well to surface change. Changed surface to 1500 for city tournament on the USBC White pattern and shot 2125 for 9 games with it. Push it left and still holds line. A high performance ball that for me does great at that. Usally I'm going through the nose when I pull it but not with the Judgement. Overall it is a great go to ball for league and tournaments!

James Graham
Lord Field Amateur II Staff
www.lorfield.com
“Changing Bowling, One Bowler At A Time”.

striker12
01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
sounds like a ok ball but never heard of lord field before are there ball internation only
or something.

billf
01-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Korean company but available in North America. PBA approved. http://www.lordfield.com/en/

striker12
01-28-2013, 11:08 PM
yeah since i dont now anything about the brand im going to stay away from it until i do learn a lot more about it and then maby think of trying one.

christopherdunning723
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
The Judgement is a great ball with so much potential. I am getting ready to get my second one drilled. The ball for me is consistent, and great back end. It gives me more pin action then I can say I have ever had before bowling with Storm and Roto Grip. It carries awesome and had great mid-lane reads. I have to say this ball has so much to offer that it is a great add to the arsenal.

Christopher Dunning
Amateur Staff Lord Field

greycat
02-11-2013, 02:15 AM
I drilled up my second judgement this weekend. I know lord field is really new in NA. the products and quick replies to messages are what makes me happy. I rarely post and if the judgement was just another one of the many new balls I'd leave my review and move on.

The judgement has that something that feels like I forgot in a long time. The ball truly drives the deck so well. I will be repeating my other posts from elsewehere. The judgement with my first layout and by my standards is a smooth arc to the pocket. I have may other balls that read the mids quicky/strong or that are really jumpy or angular at the break. When I watch the judgement it lightly reads the mids and moves in an arc after finding the backend. I used a 60x4.5x65 layout. Others say the ball isn't smooth I really can't say otherwise since even with my second I used a 60 val angle.

JerseyJim
06-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I flipped through some of the balls on the web page. They sound interesting. I noticed that the core shape on the Lord Field Exodus is similar to the old LaneMasters Masterpiece which I always wanted to own. If finances improve this year maybe I'll try one.

PolarMike
08-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Ball Review

Lord Field - Judgement

About me:
Right handed. 16lb. Power tweener. About 17mph. Higher rev rate. PAP: 5.25” level. Exacticated thumb (slug) and oval grips.

Layout/Finish:
Couldn’t get too creative. This particular ball has about a 2” pin and 3.2 oz of top weight. The pin is almost directly underneath the ring finger with the CG kicked out (for you dual angle folks, it’s about 40x4.25x60). We didn’t need a weight hole to make it legal; it was right at 1oz of positive after drilling, but we put one about an inch below the PAP. It now has about a 1/2 ounce. Box finish.

On the lane:
This ball is strong off the break point, but still controllable. The length is slightly longer than average, and the mid-lane read is average. It pretty much rolls exactly like what I imagined a Hybrid Particle would roll like (this is my first), but cleaner thru the front. This ball gets into a roll quickly at the end of the pattern, in part due to the layout, but it does not overreact. It’s also very versatile. On medium to medium-heavy, it rolls and carries great from farther right (right of 12), and when it dries out I can move in with this ball (left of 20) and it still rolls and carries great. A lot of balls do one or the other well, this one does both for me.

The Judgement for me is very forgiving, at least on the THSs I have thrown it on. It still rolls over and drives thru the pins when I miss left and it pushes long… and the recovery when missing right is surprising. The only time I’ve noticed any loss in hitting power from this ball is in carry down (but then again, what ball doesn’t?). I’ve read other reviews that say adding some surface or taking down the polish will help with carry down, but it rolls so good otherwise that I hate to mess with it, and it’s nothing a tweak in wrist position or entry angle won’t fix.

So far the box finish has been great on medium conditions. Even with the polish, it still hooks quite a bit on heavier volume and longer patterns, so long as there is at least a little friction to the outside or at the end of the pattern. I’ve read that surface will help it chew thru oil, but again, it rolls so good for me out of the box I don’t want to mess with it. However, if you’re looking for an oil chewing hook monster, you probably won’t get that with the box finish with the Judgement… its preferred niche so far has been medium. (Keep in mind, I have hand and like to stay in the puddle in the middle. If you like to play closer to the oil line and bump the dry, you’ll probably see a lot more reaction quicker than I do)

Dislikes:
I have 2 minor dislikes about this ball, neither of which are a big deal. The first is actually a good thing. The ball does exactly what you tell it to do. It’s very predictable and very controllable. It’s very forgiving with area, but it rolls however you release it. It’s not the kind of ball that will make a bad release look good, but so long as it comes off your hand close to the way you intended, it’s very forgiving area-wise. The second; since it is strong off the break point, it sometimes appears that it is burning up and rolling out. However, the ball does not lose hitting power like you would typically see in a ball that burned up too early (like when you force an aggressive ball on a very dry lane). This ball clears the heads well and reads strong but doesn’t overreact, so it still has a lot of energy left when it makes its strong move at the end of the pattern. What you get is a ball that sometimes looks like it rolled out but hits like it didn’t.

Michael York
Lord Field Amateur Staff
"Changing Bowling, One Bowler at a Time"
www.lane-masters.com
www.lordfield.com
www.lfbowling.com