PDA

View Full Version : Tough night on the lanes

The German Shepherd
01-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Threw a 223, 214, 208 (645) while bowling against the league leaders tonight. My team mates really struggled, but if I had doubled in the 10th of the last game we would have taken 4 out of 7 points. Instead of doubling I threw a Greek Church split on my first ball. Not a happy camper tonight...

Jay

billf
01-28-2013, 09:53 PM
I feel your pain. Tonight was horrible 116, 209, 234 (559 :eek:) I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Turns out I was coming out the side of the ball instead of from under it. It's amazing how a simple game can at times be so difficult.

The German Shepherd
01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Looks as though you righted the ship before the night was over, Bill...

Jay

billf
01-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I was trying to slow down and be smoother. Turns out that when I attempt that, I come out the side. As soon as I picked my speed back up I was coming from under the ball again. I started with the Misfit but was leaving 10s so I went with the Marauder to get more entry angle. It was hooking less than the Misfit which had me baffled for the longest time. Luckily one of the guys on the other team asked if I was coming up the side on purpose. Too bad he waited until half way through the second game. Of course only getting two warm up throws doesn't help matters any.

City tournament team event is Saturday with doubles and singles the following Saturday. I better fix what ails me before then or I will be toast. I have two entries in the doubles/singles events so far. I ended up bowling with four different doubles partners last year and finished eighth. I would really like to win this year but that can only happen if the sandbaggers bowl bad.

striker12
01-28-2013, 10:58 PM
nice game i just wish i could throw a 200 this season in league.