PDA

View Full Version : DISTURBED - Review

John Brodersen
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Ball specs – 15 lbs 3 oz, 2.91 top weight, and 3.5 -inch pin.

Using the dual angle method, the Disturbed was drilled with a 4 3/4 inch pin distance, 70 degree drill angle and a 40 degree VAL angle. Using Storm’s drilling methodology the layout is 4 3/4 X 5 3/8 X 2 3/4 pin buffer. An X-hole was not needed. The surface was initially left OOB which is 2000 abralon.

I was looking forward to seeing what the new Middle Roll 70 motor in the Disturbed would do. The first outing was on a fresh 38 foot, 22 micro-liter fairly flat pattern. I’m slightly rev dominant due to softer ball speed. On this pattern the Disturbed started up too soon and I could not get it to the spot. The Disturbed was just too strong for this condition. Before the next outing I applied a little Storm Reacta Shine to the cover. League night was on a 41 foot, 24 micro-liter house shot. The added polish and longer pattern length helped as the Disturbed was cleaner through the fronts and had a ton of energy left for the backend. I played this pattern about 5 and 3 deeper with the Disturbed than with a Nomad solid. I would describe the motion of the Disturbed as a strong arc. The next outing was on the USBC White # 2 pattern. This played similar to the prior described pattern; I just played a little further to the right. Again the Disturbed displayed a strong arc motion with tremendous hit and carry.

With the OOB cover the Disturbed is a large hooking ball that will need heavy to medium/heavy conditions for most tweeners. The motion is strong but predictable (great mid-lane read) with tremendous hit and carry. The cover also adjusts well to polish. This new HP3 release from Roto Grip has a lot to like if your looking for a hooking piece.

John Brodersen
RG amateur staff