PDA

View Full Version : WRECKER- Review

John Brodersen
01-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Ball specs – 15 lbs 1 oz, 3.17 top weight, 3.25 -inch pin.

The Wrecker, which is a polished hybrid, was drilled using the dual angle method. The layout is a 4 ½ inch pin, 55-degree drill angle and a 70-degree VAL angle. An x-hole was needed and was placed at the P2.5 location. Using Storm’s layout terminology the layout would be 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 with a 4 1/8 inch pin buffer. The cover was initially left OOB which is 1500 polished.

Let’s start by saying the Wrecker is a great looking ball with a dark blue and white pearl color scheme. The Wrecker was thrown on a fresh 41 foot, 24 micro liter house shot. The Wrecker was super clean through the fronts and when it saw the friction on the backend it hooked quick and a lot. I feel the backend reaction is stronger than the Shatter. The Wrecker was just too strong down lane for this house pattern and I had to put it away. After league I hit it with a 4000 abralon pad by hand and tried it again. This did smooth the reaction some but it was still very clean up front and strong down lane.

If you’re looking for a skid/snap reaction or need some help on the back end of the lane on medium conditions, the new HP2 Wrecker will fit the bill.

John Brodersen
RG amateur staff