PDA

View Full Version : I am getting really upset about the restrictions on the Signature.

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Once a week I like to update my signature to reflect my scores. When I first signed up I was allowed to add 5 Lines, and then it was restricted to 3 lines and now I can't use bold or italics!

I do not find this to be fair since others that have not updated their signature in probably months are still allowed to have images and over 10 lines of info.

What is the deal!? I was OK with 3 lines but now I can't use Bold or Italics?

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Once a week I like to update my signature to reflect my scores. When I first signed up I was allowed to add 5 Lines, and then it was restricted to 3 lines and now I can't use bold or italics!

I do not find this to be fair since others that have not updated their signature in probably months are still allowed to have images and over 10 lines of info.

What is the deal!? I was OK with 3 lines but now I can't use Bold or Italics?

Example. Please see below. If I update my signature then I will no longer be able to use BOLD or Italics so right now I am at a standstill

striker12
02-01-2013, 06:13 PM
do you highlight the word then click the bold or Italics but it also could be the internet you are using. i'm using chrome and it works on mine.

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 06:15 PM
do you highlight the word then click the bold or Italics but it also could be the internet you are using. i'm using chrome and it works on mine.

I am using chrome myself. All I was doing was going into my Signature and changing the content between the B and I tags and I was given an error.

let me see if I can get a screen shot for you.

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Before Edit
http://i50.tinypic.com/2zf1gme.png

After Edit
http://i48.tinypic.com/30w1ojc.png

striker12
02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
ok let check mine and see if mine dose the same i will change my high game and series

striker12
02-01-2013, 07:08 PM
ok mine works but from what i can see in your pictures there at the bottom of the picture it says allow basic bb codes: no (mine says yes) that could be the problem maby

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
ok mine works but from what i can see in your pictures there at the bottom of the picture it says allow basic bb codes: no (mine says yes) that could be the problem maby

So someone took B and I away from just ME? That is bull.

Look below. This is what I needed to settle on :(

bowl1820
02-01-2013, 08:48 PM
I doubt that the restrictions have been changed. Whats likely happening is some of the forum setting are not set right. And as your post count goes up its cycling through settings that are either still on the defaults or were not set right back when the system was updated. or the system is glitching here and there. a similar thing has happened with those who can't add images to their sigs.

I took a look at your sig. and was able to manually enter the bb code.

Might be a glitch in the system. Try entering BB code manually.

Bold / Italic / Underline
The , and [u] tags allow you to create text that is bold, italic and underlined.
Usage

[b]value
value
value

Example Usage

this text is bold
[i]this text is italic
this text is underlined

Example Output
this text is bold
this text is italic
this text is underlined

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I will try

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Nope sorry.

Basic bb code not allowed

B and I not allowed. Also I don't have the b I or I buttons

bowl1820
02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Another possibility you say your using the CHrome browser.

You might try Explorer or firefox if you have it, to see if it's browser related.

unclemantis
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I am a Web developer. I know how things work in and out. This is not browser related. This is backend related. Server based.

I will humor you when I get back to my desktop that has 3 operating systems and 5 browsers.

No insult intended. Just staying who I am and what I know.

Thank you for helping me with this minor manner. I appreciate it :)

bowl1820
02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Sorry I didn't know you were a web developer and you don't have to humor me for anything. I suggest then you send a PM to the Admin. and tell them they need to fix it.

unclemantis
02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Sorry I didn't know you were a web developer and you don't have to humor me for anything. I suggest then you send a PM to the Admin. and tell them they need to fix it.

Cool!

Which account is the admin?

bowl1820
02-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Cool!

Which account is the admin?

The one that posts the contest every week

User name: BowlingBoards.com

or just click the contact link at the bottom of the page

unclemantis
02-02-2013, 11:58 AM
The one that posts the contest every week

User name: BowlingBoards.com

or just click the contact link at the bottom of the page

Cool. Thank you Mr. Moderator :)

Enjoy your weekend and thank you for the help.

Fishhawk
02-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't know what your seeing but I can tell you from my end, your sig has bold and italics just as you intended. Error aside, it displaying as though there's no error. Does it look that way for you? I'm using chrome on iPad.

ArtVandelay
02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Oddly enough, I just noticed my bold is missing all of a sudden. Odd.

Its not a huge deal to me, just thought Id let ya know incase it helps somehow. I havent touched my sig in months.

ArtVandelay
02-02-2013, 09:27 PM
...but now Im about to! Hahahaha. Have to add a new ball to the arsenal.

ArtVandelay
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Hey, what font do you use? Easy fix: I switched to Arial black. Problem solved! But it didn't want me to use bold either...

unclemantis
02-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Oddly enough, I just noticed my bold is missing all of a sudden. Odd.

Its not a huge deal to me, just thought Id let ya know incase it helps somehow. I havent touched my sig in months.

IM over it until next time :)