PDA

View Full Version : another video

noeymc
02-04-2013, 04:40 AM
i think its better qtly but yeah i also slowed it down first then the fast part is right after it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UkqbX1vK6Q

what i see

i obv pulled the ball :(

back foot up looks like my ball gets push out before my footmoves idk if thats a problem

Tampabaybob
02-04-2013, 09:52 AM
100% improvement over the past couple of months. Congratulations on that. Watch your video and look at your right leg. See how high it is off of the floor at the foul line ? By bring it down to the floor (having your right toe stay on the floor) you also will prevent yourself from falling over to the right as you did in both shots. Make sense? Try it and you'l see what I mean. Having that right toe on the floor will maintain your balance at the line and allow you to post your shot. That's what you should be aiming to do. It will help you a lot.

dj_devillish
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
As said above, it looks relatively smooth but 'falling off' the shot generally means there was a level of imbalance when you hit the foul line which will kill consistency...

Sean :)

Greenday
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
100% improvement over the past couple of months. Congratulations on that. Watch your video and look at your right leg. See how high it is off of the floor at the foul line ? By bring it down to the floor (having your right toe stay on the floor) you also will prevent yourself from falling over to the right as you did in both shots. Make sense? Try it and you'l see what I mean. Having that right toe on the floor will maintain your balance at the line and allow you to post your shot. That's what you should be aiming to do. It will help you a lot.

How many pros do you see with their back foot down? I never see them do that.

noeymc
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM

no there right about the falling off part :) also the pros never fall off cuz they ninjas with it :)\

thanks for all feedback so far by the way the video is just one shot i put the same shot in 2 times so u could see slow down and see fast

Tampabaybob
02-07-2013, 04:06 PM

How many pros do you see with their foot flailing in the air ? Not many. This is more of a "do as I say" comment for those bowlers that end up at the line off balance. Do you believe I should watch his video and disregard telling him I think that would hel stabilize him at the line?

We're here to help people get better at this game, not to have them be a mirror image of one or two pros. Sure there are a few guys on tour that don't keep there toe on the floor, but remember how many games a week these guys bowl and how long it took them to get to where they are today. Also you never see them "fall off to the right" either, do you?

billf
02-16-2013, 01:44 PM
You can be balance without your balance foot on the floor. It's easier, much easier though to be balanced with it on the floor. Most amateur male bowlers would be better off comparing themselves to the top female pro bowlers. Why? The lack of power generated. The ladies tend to have better form and accuracy. Most amateur guys don't have the crazy rev rates and speed of the top pros. Remember, only the top 1% get to the elite level. The rest of us have to be perfect to be decent.

Most pros also don't usually have their balance leg above parallel like a lot of amateurs and their back swing is higher to match.

billf
02-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Noah, sorry but I got off topic and forgot to post my mean opinion.

You're coming off the side of the ball more than I like. Try to get inside and under it more. Look at Tommy Jones and Pete Weber with hand position at the top of the back swing (Shannon O'Keefe). By creating the rotation with the beginning being inside the ball and ending behind the ball to the 4 or 5 o'clock position you can create more consistent revs, stronger roll through the pins and better carry.

It's a ton better than before but there's always room for improvement ;)

noeymc
02-16-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZceqafxgXw kinda like that??

Tampabaybob
02-18-2013, 12:05 AM
yeah I think that's what Bill means. Also if you have (or know someone that has ) an ankle weight try that on your right leg. That will help keep it down and "allow you" to post most of your shots.

noeymc
02-18-2013, 12:18 AM
"allow you" to post most of your shots

whats that mean and bob you got any info about bending your elbow i am trying to find something but haveing a hard to not sure where to look

J Anderson
02-18-2013, 11:41 AM
"allow you" to post most of your shots

whats that mean and bob you got any info about bending your elbow i am trying to find something but haveing a hard to not sure where to look

To post your shot is to remain in your finish position at least until your ball passes the arrows. Truthfully nothing that you do after the ball leaves your hand affects your shot. However a good follow through and being able to post the shot are signs that your technique was good before the ball was released.

noeymc
02-18-2013, 12:18 PM
ok thank you anderson
bob/bill/devil

zman1974
02-18-2013, 01:55 PM
At a risk to my man card, I must agree with mirroring a woman pro/top amateur form. As I am just now getting back into bowling, I have been gorging on ball reaction videos. While fun to watch I really can't say that I can identify with the bowler very much as their forms usually are quite different from mine (the other differences between speed and rev rate). On Friday, I stumbled onto this video of the DV8 Marauder Madness:

http://above180.com/dv8-marauder-madness-bowling-ball-reaction-video

Krista Sandt's form is the closest I found to my own with the exception that I use four steps instead of five, and perhaps a little more ball speed (she looks around 15 mph and I am usually at 16 mph). Playing that 10 to 9/8 line is my preferred shot, and it's great to see someone else do it so well as to serve as a benchmark for me.

noeymc
02-18-2013, 02:42 PM
yeah man pros speed and revs are crazy and they do it so smooth i dont many people who can do that theres a few around here there father son they never lose 1 on 1's his dad has won city touranment singles like past 8 years each year he bowls over a 700 scartch this year he shot a 786 they are great people there the only 2 i know that can make any ball do anything the son has a daughter who is 16 i think she avgs 192? and a pretty hard house shot she could be the next big bowling star maybe if she wants to go that way she is awesome at bowling and with her dad and grandpa helping her i dont see ever not getting better there are people who can do that but for the everyday guy bowling we cant do what the males do sorry for getting off topic

Tampabaybob
02-19-2013, 09:30 AM
At a risk to my man card, I must agree with mirroring a woman pro/top amateur form. As I am just now getting back into bowling, I have been gorging on ball reaction videos. While fun to watch I really can't say that I can identify with the bowler very much as their forms usually are quite different from mine (the other differences between speed and rev rate). On Friday, I stumbled onto this video of the DV8 Marauder Madness:

http://above180.com/dv8-marauder-madness-bowling-ball-reaction-video

Krista Sandt's form is the closest I found to my own with the exception that I use four steps instead of five, and perhaps a little more ball speed (she looks around 15 mph and I am usually at 16 mph). Playing that 10 to 9/8 line is my preferred shot, and it's great to see someone else do it so well as to serve as a benchmark for me.

Krista has a "text book" style that you can't go wrong with. That line she's playing is a typical line on an average house shot. Many of the guys in my league play exactly the same shot when it's fresh oil. Myself included.

As far as the question on posting the shot, asked before, watch Krista's video. Posting that shot means, you HOLD your BALANCED" position until the ball falls off of the pin deck. Not just to the arrows ! She is a perfect example of follow through, and posting. Legs are pretty nice too !

zman1974
02-19-2013, 09:55 AM
It's how I was taught way back in my YABA days. Don't get me wrong: high rev rates and speed are great if you can do it consistently...and that's really all it's about in the end; being consistent from shot to shot. Another benefit of this style, IMO, is that as I grow older I can maintain the same style and backswing whether I'm 38 or 58. Not sure I can say the same thing about those huge backswings (as an example, I would point to pro Amleto Monacelli's style today as compared to his younger days).

Tampabaybob
02-19-2013, 10:18 PM
It's how I was taught way back in my YABA days. Don't get me wrong: high rev rates and speed are great if you can do it consistently...and that's really all it's about in the end; being consistent from shot to shot. Another benefit of this style, IMO, is that as I grow older I can maintain the same style and backswing whether I'm 38 or 58. Not sure I can say the same thing about those huge backswings (as an example, I would point to pro Amleto Monacelli's style today as compared to his younger days).

You're correct. That style you were taught when you were younger will stay with you for many years. There will always be slight adjustments along the way but in 20 or 30 years the basics will still be there and that's says a lot about your coaches and what they were able to instill in you. When i coach on Saturday mornings, I hope that I'll see those kids years from now and they'll be good bowlers. I've had several, that I still follow, that are averaging well over 200 and it makes me proud to think I helped them along the way.