PDA

View Full Version : What brands to take?

zemeckis
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Hello ,

1st off all im pretty new on the forum , i have being looking around the forum for some time and found some nice info but still not what im looking for...

Im have restarted bowling a half year ago after a break of 4years.
Now im rebuilding my arsenal since all the bowling balls i had where old and i became older so i went for a 15lb instead of 14lb.
I also had to change proshop sinds the one i went to before is not around anymore.

Now to the point at the moment im playing with a sanded roto grip defiant edge and a storm fire road.
i have a storm vivid orderd that come in this week im pretty good with the storm gear at the moment but i would like to try out other brands!

Brands like : Dv8 and brunswick are 2 that i realy look forward to for some info but im open to all.

I hope u guys here can give me some advise / help / info.

Grtz

75lockwood
02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Check Into Test drive/Matchmaker events, these are a great way to try out a bunch of the newest stuff manufacturers are making without spending all the money. Look around at all the pro shops in the area, atleast around here i have seen 1-3 per year at multiple shops.

Other company to check out:

Storm
Hammer
Track
Columbia 300
Track
Motiv
Radical
Ebonite
Lane 1
and the list goes on...

zemeckis
02-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Sadly around here are not that many proshops most proshops here are ppl that do it as extra job (im from belgium) and most of them are or selling or preffering storm / roto grip and some ebonite products.

so i need a other way to get info about the products.
my curent proshop can order anything i would like to have but i rather 1st tru to get some info about the brands im intrested in then just buying realy blind.

im rly looking into dv8 or brunswick as my next brand to try. althou i like storm products but i would like to get info about other ppl that like a serten brand and are not to sure about looking into a other brand.

Grtz

Zothen
02-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the boards!

For medium oil-Columbia Violent Eruption or VOW(2/5 release),light oil-DV8 Misfit and dry lane/spare-Brunswick Slingshot.

Zothen

JerseyJim
02-04-2013, 07:09 PM
What you can do is find some of the video ball reviews. Once you find a site, find a bowler with similar stats to your own. It will give you a bit of an idea how a ball would react for you. Bowlingball.com, Buddiesproshop, and Videoballreviews.com are a few sites that you can check out.

striker12
02-04-2013, 11:05 PM
DV8 has great balls the Hell Raiser series and the marauder are great and alot of people on here like them.

but hammer and c300 are making some nice balls too and if you plan on checking out track at all then you should look at the stats on the balls and make sure it as a decently low rg 2.530 or lower and a diff about 0.050 and higher.

I suck at bowling
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Nowadays you can't really go too wrong with a bowling ball. As no "bad" ones are being produced, but there are certain companies that are better to select from.

My pecking order would go:

Storm (including Roto Grip)
DV8
Track
Brunswick
Ebonite/Hammer

J Anderson
02-05-2013, 08:29 AM
DV8 has great balls the Hell Raiser series and the marauder are great and alot of people on here like them.

but hammer and c300 are making some nice balls too and if you plan on checking out track at all then you should look at the stats on the balls and make sure it as a decently low rg 2.530 or lower and a diff about 0.050 and higher.

No offense intended Striker, but how can you recommend an R.G. and differential for Zemeckis when he hasn't described his style speed or rev rate?

zemeckis
02-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Already thx for the info!

Im a player that trys to play straith at 2nd arrow with some backend hook on most oil patterns there are situations that i need to move in and trow it around 3th arrow with a breakpoint around 8th bord. my revs are average and my speed is around 15-17 mph.

Grtz