PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here use the Griips Glove for bowling????

Hammer
02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I just read about an item for bowling that is used instead of putting your middle and ring fingers in a bowling ball without grips or one that has grips. It is like a glove that goes on your bowling hand and just has fingers for your middle and ring finger. It is supposed to give you better grip and protection for your fingers. That way you don't have to worry about sweat on your fingers which will affect your shot or injury to your fingers. I think it said that if you have grips now all you have to do is have them removed and the specially made fingers on the glove should fit just right. The fingertips on the glove look like they are tapered with the smaller part of the taper at the fingertip and gets wider to the first knuckle. I guess this item is just for a fingertip ball. Has anyone here used this item and if so how do you like it?

e-tank
02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
are you talking about the glove that PDW uses?

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=SR&Date=20120608&Category=A_SPORTS&ArtNo=206080309&Ref=AR&maxH=230&maxW=370&border=0&Q=80

bowl1820
02-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Heres the only other thread on this board that mentions this thing.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/9277-griips-glove?highlight=griips

As I said there:
What I know about it is that posts about it have caused trouble over on other forums awhile back. None needs to get started here.
Replies to this need to be kept civil.

It's basically just a glove with finger inserts built in the finger tips.

wdc1987
02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Tried one awhile back and i didnt like the fit of the glove so i gave it away. Ive seen some other people at our local alleys use them and they seem to like them.

e-tank
02-06-2013, 03:26 PM
nvm after reading the thread bowl posted, PDW just wears a golf glove

unclemantis
02-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I need a gripping glove but i mostly need it for my thumb since I am a thumbless bowler.

Thoughts?

Juice
02-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Put your thumb in the ball.

RoccoRock
02-07-2013, 06:52 AM
When I bowl thumbless, I use a glove for football. They are used by receivers and backs. I just cut the tips off.

As far a Juices brilliant post :rolleyes: Guys like that make me want to stay with thumbless, just to **** them off when I beat them. Go ahead and hate, then pay up when I whoop your azz.

unclemantis
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
When I bowl thumbless, I use a glove for football. They are used by receivers and backs. I just cut the tips off.

As far a Juices brilliant post :rolleyes: Guys like that make me want to stay with thumbless, just to **** them off when I beat them. Go ahead and hate, then pay up when I whoop your azz.

Is that USBC and PBA approved?

unclemantis
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM

And then what?

bowl1820
02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Is that USBC and PBA approved?

The USBC doesn't approve things like gloves, as for the PBA I can't say for sure, but for the most part as long as a company pays the PBA fee "Bob's your uncle"

unclemantis
02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
The USBC doesn't approve things like gloves, as for the PBA I can't say for sure, but for the most part as long as a company pays the PBA fee "Bob's your uncle"

Nice! I will shop around for something CHEAP.

ecub
02-07-2013, 02:21 PM
And then what?

Roll the ball. You'll have allot more control with your thumb in the ball. I can throw a hook like yours for strikes and reduce it to pick up spares, while using the same strike ball.

RoccoRock
02-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Nice! I will shop around for something CHEAP.

Walmart, they have receiver gloves for $15 a pair.