PDA

View Full Version : Drilled up a Vow!

Fuzzifus
02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Had a Vow drilled up yesterday and this thing is a beast. I don't know all the technical info as for drilling specs, (I have an awesome driller who handles that end for me...lol) other than to say we did drill it pin down. I have really been looking for a benchmark ball....something that I can lean on. The Vow really seems like it may fill this role. We bowled our city tournament last night, so new product syndrome mandated I throw it. Here is what I thought....

The Vow got through the heads superb. Just really, really scary clean actually. I was also pleasantly surprised by the midlane read this ball gave me. We drilled this ball pin down as to make the ball continuous, just a nice smooth piece to have in the bag. The backend of this ball far exceeded my expectations. Once it hit the breakpoint, it made a very, very strong, continuous turn into the pocket. The ball went long, but just gives me a different look into the pin deck.

I did have an idea on what this ball would do, as my driller also drill most of Dan MacLelland's equipment. I watched Dan throw this ball and knew immediately I needed one.

Last nights series went like this: 246-258-223 = 727 (I average 212 in this house).

This is gonna be a great piece to have in the bag.....!

The German Shepherd
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Wow! That is quite a good debut! Well done!

Jay

Zothen
02-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Lol! I had mine drilled up last night and man does it move. Will have to try it Sunday in a tournament and on Monday sport league. I had it drilled pin up with the CG under ring finger slightly to the middle. I had to stand on 24 and throw over 8 to get ball to pocket otherwise it went Brooklyn. Hopefully it was that the lanes were dry. Will be in oil on Sunday & Monday.

Zothen

Fuzzifus
02-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Lol! I had mine drilled up last night and man does it move. Will have to try it Sunday in a tournament and on Monday sport league. I had it drilled pin up with the CG under ring finger slightly to the middle. I had to stand on 24 and throw over 8 to get ball to pocket otherwise it went Brooklyn. Hopefully it was that the lanes were dry. Will be in oil on Sunday & Monday.

Zothen

I feel the same......not that I didn't expect it to move, but when it hits ANY friction, hold on...lol. We had a good shot last night....not sure what was out there for a pattern...but from what it seems, may have been (or at least played very similar) to Kegel Beaten Path.....