PDA

View Full Version : Picking up a Track 811 C/T this afternoon!

Big Nick
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
My Storm Manic has finally gotten to the point where it needs to be replaced. It made it through almost 3/4 of my first two leagues and countless practice games. I couldn't even guess how many games are on it right now, but it's probably between 400 and 500. So, last night I spoke with the local pro and told him I was looking for something that would roll in a similar fashion as the Manic, but with a little stronger move off the end of the pattern. He recommended the Track 811 C/T, and he hasn't led me wrong yet, so I went with that. I'm going this afternoon to pick it up and throw a few games to see how it compares. I'll let everyone know what I think once I get home later this evening.

striker12
02-07-2013, 04:29 PM
im planning on getting the 811c/t or the 714C but im going to be getting those after i get my hammer first blood.

e-tank
02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
contemplating buying one although i kind of want a little bit stronger ball

75lockwood
02-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Nice, I look forward to trying this ball friday night, theres a Track, C300, Hammer, and ebonite demo on friday at an ally nearby.

http://www.rowebowling.com/2013/01/last-demo-this-season-and-one-you-wont-want-to-miss/

striker12
02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
yeah lockwood i get to test them out on saturday but i will have to wait around at the bowling alley till 1pm and league ends anywhere from 10-11am

Big Nick
02-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Well, I picked up the 811 C/T yesterday afternoon, and I really like it. The pro shop owner convinced the mechanic who was running the lanes for league to run one for me, as well, so I could see how it would react on a fresh pattern. On fresh oil, the 811 C/T rolls a lot like my Manic did but it's definitely a stronger ball than the Manic. I could see myself winding up throwing a ton of splits as the pattern breaks down if I don't make adjustments quickly enough. All in all, however, I'm very happy with the ball and even with my limited experience thus far, I'd definitely recommend it.