PDA

View Full Version : Which ball would you pick?

e-tank
02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Been looking to pickup a heavy oil ball. It would currently be used for ths league but in the future for sport shot. Im speed dominant with high speed and prob med revs. Id say that my style is EDIT: power tweener.

Storm Vg nano solid
Track 811 C/T
Nightmare
Hellraiser revenge
Aura
Nexxxus
EDIT: Roto Grip Defiant soul

These are just some options that i was considering and some were suggested in a thread i made in another forum. If you have anything to add dont hesitate to chime in

Fuzzifus
02-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Being speed dominant, from your list I would go with the Nightmare or Aura.....I would also consider the Defiant Soul over the Defiant.....just my opinioon!

e-tank
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I would also consider the Defiant Soul over the Defiant.....just my opinioon!

ah okay im not to familiar with roto grip. Or Track for that matter lol

striker12
02-08-2013, 12:47 AM
well if you want a skid/flip that has a strong backend then the 811c/t is the way to go but if you want a nice mid lane read and strong backend then you should go with the aura or aura paranormal (ik the paranormal was not in your list but it would be a great ball to add stronger then the arua)

75lockwood
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Power tweener*

The Nexxxus is an awesome ball, but given your speed dominance i would go with the solid or hybrid over pearl, Nightmare, Brutal Nightmare, Paranormal Aura, 811c/t, vg nano solid, HHR, Motiv Raptor Talon, Hammer First Blood, or C300 Enigma.

Greenday
02-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I don't know too much about most of those balls. The Nightmare and Aura are the only ones I've checked up on before. Both are pretty strong balls and might be a little too strong for a THS if it's not heavy oil every time. But they'd do nicely for a sports shot I'd imagine.

scottymoney
02-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Just do a little surface change on one of your current balls. Saves you a ton of money!

Zothen
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
The neXXXus or Defiant Soul

Zothen

e-tank
02-08-2013, 01:20 PM
well if you want a skid/flip that has a strong backend then the 811c/t is the way to go but if you want a nice mid lane read and strong backend then you should go with the aura or aura paranormal (ik the paranormal was not in your list but it would be a great ball to add stronger then the arua)

well i got offered a deal on a used but like new 811 c/t for 75 but i wasnt sure if it was a heavy oil ball as the perfect rating was only 205 i believe and the heavy oil ball are usually 215+. Maybe i have the wrong idea about what the perfect scale means

Power tweener*

The Nexxxus is an awesome ball, but given your speed dominance i would go with the solid or hybrid over pearl, Nightmare, Brutal Nightmare, Paranormal Aura, 811c/t, vg nano solid, HHR, Motiv Raptor Talon, Hammer First Blood, or C300 Enigma.

I don't know too much about most of those balls. The Nightmare and Aura are the only ones I've checked up on before. Both are pretty strong balls and might be a little too strong for a THS if it's not heavy oil every time. But they'd do nicely for a sports shot I'd imagine.

yea i was thinking solid so that way if i want length i can just put some polish on there

Just do a little surface change on one of your current balls. Saves you a ton of money!

well all i have is oob crossroad that id like to keep oob(or close to it) and a too reckless sanded to 2000 grit. Just out of curiosity though are we talking say if i brought my too reckless down to 800 grit or something of the like?

scottymoney
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
yeah, if you got the too reckless taken down from 2000 to something lower like 1000 or 800 it will get the extra bit you are looking for.

e-tank
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Ah okay. I think ill just get a used heavy oil as i can get a used but like new one for a good price. Thanks for explaining it though