PDA

View Full Version : Tonight was interesting.

RoccoRock
02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
So I show up to bowl a few warmup games before my league. I had to bring out my old, cheapo Dexters, because of my issues with my 3G shoes. That was a disaster. I had no stability at all, I was slipping and sliding everywhere. Not surprising, on my 3G's I use the sliding sole that slide the least. There was no way I was going to be able to bowl in those shoes. So I had 2 choices, go home, or bowl in my sneakers. This was an easy choice, I've bowled in my sneakers before, but only 2 handed. So, I decided to bowl 2 handed. To be honest, I was planning on bowling 2 handed anyway. Had 2 bad games of practice, then did ok during the league warmup period. First game, spare, 8 in a row, then I choked in the 10th. I went a little light, left the 4 pin, and whiffed it. I haven't practiced spares 2 handed in a while, and pretty much forgot a lot of the things I used to do. After that, I had trouble getting pin carry out of the Marauder in game 2, and I missed more spares. Last game I took out the 607A, and the pin carry was a little better. I only missed 2 spares that game, but they were both splits. All in all, considering I bowled in my sneakers, it wasn't too bad. I expected a 475 series bowling in my sneakers. I have a brand new pair of Etonics on the way, and I thought about returning them. I won't though, I need them for when I bowl one handed. Oh, and I got a new DV8 bag, and it kicks ***, so that makes it a good night.