PDA

View Full Version : Bowling stats application online?

unclemantis
02-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I was wondering. There are a lot of android and i-phone apps out there that allow you to keep track of your game frame by frame and pin by pin but there is no easy way to share the data generated with the rest of the world.

is there a website out there that allows you to log in and then record each and every frame and allow friends to comment on your game or frame or stats?

I am a web developer so if there isn't anything out there I guess it would be my duty to create one.

Thoughts?

TheSheibs
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
check out http://www.bowlspot.com/my/home

unclemantis
02-09-2013, 12:50 AM
check out http://www.bowlspot.com/my/home

Not sure what this is? I signed up for insidebowling.com

Little help!?

Tampabaybob
02-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Not sure what this is? I signed up for insidebowling.com

Little help!?

Look under the "RESOURCES TAB" and you'll find the printable bowling sheets. Not sure if there's anything available for someone to log in each game for others to see. In most cases a video of you bowling is more of a help for you, so we can see what you're doing or not doing. Just seeing the scores won't help that much. If you can explain what pins you're leaving or where the ball is hitting the pins that's almost as good as seeing you bowl. But the best is having the video.

unclemantis
02-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Look under the "RESOURCES TAB" and you'll find the printable bowling sheets. Not sure if there's anything available for someone to log in each game for others to see. In most cases a video of you bowling is more of a help for you, so we can see what you're doing or not doing. Just seeing the scores won't help that much. If you can explain what pins you're leaving or where the ball is hitting the pins that's almost as good as seeing you bowl. But the best is having the video.

I looked around. Not what I was thinking of.

Wanna help make a community? :) PM me if interested.

explorer05
02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I have 2 of them for the iphone Pinpal and BowlBuddy.

bowl1820
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
There are several sites that do online score tracking and most have a option to generate a link to your scores for posting in forums or adding to your signature.

But most don't keep track of frame by frame or pin by pin details. Because there would be a very small demand for it, Most bowlers are not going to go to the trouble of recording the pin and frame information at the lanes and then reentering that information later on the site.

allbowling.com is close in that it allows you to keep track of strike, Spare and open percentages. I think Bowlspot which is now Insidebowling use to have the option of keeping track of that info. but I don't know if it currently does.

Now mobile apps. which allow you to directly record the information at the lanes are more popular and fairly simple to use. They also allow you to export the data for various uses. But they have a small user base also.

The app I use allows you to export a jpg of your "sheet" or to email the info or post to twitter.

There are ones that also allow you to directly compete against other bowlers in real time.

Now if the lanes had a internet connection and there was a free online bracket generator, that would let you run brackets. There you might have something.

or if someone would come up with a simple bracket generating app, that you could wifi or bluetooth to a printer.

unclemantis
02-13-2013, 03:42 PM
There are several sites that do online score tracking and most have a option to generate a link to your scores for posting in forums or adding to your signature.

But most don't keep track of frame by frame or pin by pin details. Because there would be a very small demand for it, Most bowlers are not going to go to the trouble of recording the pin and frame information at the lanes and then reentering that information later on the site.

allbowling.com is close in that it allows you to keep track of strike, Spare and open percentages. I think Bowlspot which is now Insidebowling use to have the option of keeping track of that info. but I don't know if it currently does.

Now mobile apps. which allow you to directly record the information at the lanes are more popular and fairly simple to use. They also allow you to export the data for various uses. But they have a small user base also.

The app I use allows you to export a jpg of your "sheet" or to email the info or post to twitter.

There are ones that also allow you to directly compete against other bowlers in real time.

Now if the lanes had a internet connection and there was a free online bracket generator, that would let you run brackets. There you might have something.

or if someone would come up with a simple bracket generating app, that you could wifi or bluetooth to a printer.

I think we all have a good idea going on here. There is some things that are rough around the edges and could come up with something that would work.