PDA

View Full Version : What the heck does this mean??

The German Shepherd
02-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I recently acquired a DV8 Too Reckless and when I cleaned it with some HOOK IT there were spots on the ball surface that became very tacky feeling - and not the kind like I am accustomed to finding. The kind of thing I am talking about is almost a gummy/sticky feeling. What is this all about? Will I need to get the ball resurfaced now??

Jay

bowl1820
02-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Did you go back and reclean those areas? Sounds like there's a residue or something on the surface. It's highly unlikely it's melting the ball or anything like that, if that thought is running through your mind.

The German Shepherd
02-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Did you go back and reclean those areas? Sounds like there's a residue or something on the surface. It's highly unlikely it's melting the ball or anything like that, if that thought is running through your mind.

That is exactly what I was wondering! What kind of residue might that be? It seems to be in the areas where there is lettering...Thanks for your input.

Jay

bowl1820
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
That is exactly what I was wondering! What kind of residue might that be? It seems to be in the areas where there is lettering...Thanks for your input.

Jay

Given if the lettering is engraved, it could be something thats built up in the engraving grooves. The cleaner may have loosened it up and it smeared over the surface.

Hammer
02-09-2013, 11:50 PM
DV8 Too Reckless is a reactive resin ball and that is what Hook-It cleaner is made to clean. I use it on my urethane Blue Hammer ball and it doesn't hurt it. Spray more cleaner on it and see if it removes it. After you spray it make sure you wipe it off good with a rag of some sort or a paper towel and then wipe it again with another towel or paper towel to make sure it is all off. When was the last time you cleaned it? Do you do it right after bowling or do you clean it once a week?

unclemantis
02-10-2013, 04:31 PM
if you don't have a ball spinner then just keep on wiping!