PDA

View Full Version : Spare ball

rand
02-10-2013, 04:41 PM
So as some of you have read I am just learning to throw a hook for the first time and I am getting a ball finger tipped drilled.When someone does that should they get a spare ball to have as well? also when you do get a spare ball do you drill that in finger tip and bowl it as a straight ball or do you just do a standard house ball drilling and go that route? just wondering as this stuff is still confusing to me.thanks for all your guys help by the way I really appreciate it.

unclemantis
02-10-2013, 05:05 PM
So as some of you have read I am just learning to throw a hook for the first time and I am getting a ball finger tipped drilled.When someone does that should they get a spare ball to have as well? also when you do get a spare ball do you drill that in finger tip and bowl it as a straight ball or do you just do a standard house ball drilling and go that route? just wondering as this stuff is still confusing to me.thanks for all your guys help by the way I really appreciate it.

For now just throw spares using your first ball. Think of it as a general purpose ball.

I break my wrist down and throw straight when I go after my 10 pin and any other pins that need to be thrown straight.,

Don't go crazy right out of the gate thinking you need 3 or 5 balls to play a game.

Hey Bill! Can you share your insights? :)

Greenday
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
To throw a ball straight without it hooking, spread your pinky out wide and put your index finger against your middle finger. It'll kill rotation on your ball and allow it to go straight.

crimsoneyes
02-10-2013, 06:41 PM
I would say you don't need it right now but when you do get one it is drilled fingertip just as your reactive ball is. You wouldn't wanna try and throw two different feels. My driller changed the thumb pitch on my new reactive balls and it was so noticeable that i was unable to throw my spare ball which had no pitch.