PDA

View Full Version : Best bowling towels?

unclemantis
02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Ready? Go!

e-tank
02-11-2013, 11:09 PM
A micro fiber one. You can buy one for pretty cheap at a autoparts store or in the auto section of a store like target or walmart

bowl1820
02-11-2013, 11:09 PM
microfiber towels are about the standard now for cleaning.

Also try the forum search feature, there are several threads about towels.

and they all recommend microfiber towels.

unclemantis
02-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I am currently using 2 microfiber towels from Walmart but it seams that after 3 to 4 games it is soaked ND dirty. Thinking I need to get more towels.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000XECJES/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1360643001&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

I fail to see myself washing 1 or two towels at a time lol

ecub
02-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Yep. Microfiber. I wash mine every 1/2 season or so. I use a golf towel. I like the clip, which I clip onto my belt loop. I don't like digging for towels during our league, and since my towel is clipped onto my belt loop, it's easy to grab.

rand
02-12-2013, 02:39 AM
wouldnt the clip on towel be the bowling equivalent to a pocket protector? lol just kidding

ecub
02-12-2013, 02:43 AM
wouldnt the clip on towel be the bowling equivalent to a pocket protector? lol just kidding

LOL. Nobody can see the clip. I drape the towel over it.

Loyer807
02-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Yup, mircofiber is the way to go it seems.
I typically get mine from an autostore pick up 6 for about $5.

eugene02
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
yup, i'm using microfiber clothes to clean my ball.. the DV8 free towel with every ball purchases works as well.. :)

ssclary
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I have a few old school terry cloth towels from tournaments in the 80's that my dad had. I also have the large Hammer brand loomed towels, red/black black widow and orange/black hammer, both are thick and can be folded multiple times. Those two I use mostly during league/practice. I don't really like the thin microfiber towels.

Personal preference

GeoLes
02-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Anything mirofibre is the way to go. I have gotten in the habit of using two towels, one for the ball and the other I keep on the floor near the ball return to wipe my sliding shoe. A habit i picked up from bowling the lanes on the weekends. Lots of kiddie parties means dirty approaches and even dirty area behind the scoring machine as well. Give a wipe, clean the ball, step up to the appoach, go.

Of course if you happen to only have an old dish rag around it would not be disqulified as a ball cloth either. Whatever get excess oil off the ball.

Zothen
02-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Microfiber

Zothen

swingset
02-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Definitely microfiber - better at cleaning than terry cloth, especially with the few swipes most people give a ball.

I pick up a couple each dollar store visit, who cares if you lose one or forget it? I wash or replace mine every 3 games...no point wiping if you're putting the grime and oil back into the ball.

I typically carry 3 each week - two for cleaning, one for the end of the night when the alcohol/simple green comes out. I always buy pastel ones, cause they show the dirt better and they make my eyes look prettier.

:D

rand
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Definitely microfiber - better at cleaning than terry cloth, especially with the few swipes most people give a ball.

I pick up a couple each dollar store visit, who cares if you lose one or forget it? I wash or replace mine every 3 games...no point wiping if you're putting the grime and oil back into the ball.

I typically carry 3 each week - two for cleaning, one for the end of the night when the alcohol/simple green comes out. I always buy pastel ones, cause they show the dirt better and they make my eyes look prettier.

:D

You had me up until your eyes being prettier,then I had to just sigh.