PDA

View Full Version : Sync Review by Storm/Roto Grip Staffer Dan Schaden Jr

StoRoto2013
02-12-2013, 09:42 AM
The Storm Sync is a beast! The strong continuation is unbelievable and the power even makes this rev challenged bowler throw messengers! The layout I chose for the Sync is nothing fancy, the pin above ring finger with the mass bias in the strong position. The dual angle coordinates are 55 X4 ¾ X 40. The only issue I have with Sync is that it needs oil in the fronts like any other strong ball. With that being said, the Sync still has good continuation and can open up the lane or give anyone some room to hit the pocket! My axis point is 5 5/8 over and ¾ up, ball speed around 15mph, rev rate is somewhere around 300 and I am right handed.

I threw the Sync on a house pattern first and was completely surprised by how much this ball hooks. My shop is in an AMF center so you know that there is a lot of friction to the right. So I was waiting for the Sync to start checking early and rolling out and hitting weak… THAT DID NOT HAPPEN! Yeah my launch angles got extreme but the Sync just kept finishing as long as I did not just chuck it to the dry. Very pleased, if I was just bowling on house patterns I would give the Sync some shine and everything would be good.

I was able to use the Sync under some flatter patterns and noticed the same thing that strong continuation is unbelievable. The Sync is about 5 boards stronger than my IQ Tour with my feet. The backend there is no comparison the Sync is Continuously Strong! I was able to throw the Sync with success on patterns in the 40 foot range and medium to high volumes of oil. However, because I am throwing the Sync with box surface the Sync needs some oil in the fronts and/or a hand position change to cause some skid when the lanes start to burn up. I would recommend the Sync to anyone looking for a Strong Ball without hesitation!

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm/Roto Grip Staff Player
Vise Staff Player