View Full Version : Matt Fredette sets now HOUSE RECORD with 877 02/13/2013

SmilingBowler
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Eric Jones shared this gem last night on Twitter (@Bowler4Ever):

MATT FREDETTE throws 300, 279, 298 catch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbA8pZJtUCo

ArtVandelay
02-14-2013, 07:52 PM
The baseball fan in me blames the camera man... Dont talk about a no-hitter, and CERTAINLY dont mention a perfect game!

SmilingBowler
02-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Here's the article appearing in todays "Lowell Sun" featuring Matt Fredettes new House Record.
http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_22604933

noeymc
02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
hes forum is terrible lol they called him a prodigy? lol i am not taking nothing away from the kid great series beat me but i mean come on lets be real every blind squirrel finds a nut =D

RoccoRock
02-16-2013, 06:29 PM
hes forum is terrible lol they called him a prodigy? lol i am not taking nothing away from the kid great series beat me but i mean come on lets be real every blind squirrel finds a nut =D

No kidding, we had a guy bowl a 300 2 weeks ago. He bowled next to me last week, and his form isn't very good. Despite that, the ball comes off his hand very well. It's like that guy Jeff Roche who made the TV finals in a WSOB event. You wouldn't teach that delivery to anyone, but it works for him.

ArtVandelay
02-17-2013, 07:35 PM
I dont think form matters as much... Function over form, isnt that the saying? Hahaha. If a form has consistency, I would imagine thats far more important.

After a series like that, its hard to argue he had consistency issues that night.

The only problem is: what do you do for an encore? Hahaha

maximumslinky
02-17-2013, 10:08 PM
i love that people are commenting on the video saying that 300's are easy because he was throwing it on a house shot.

J Anderson
02-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Function over form, isnt that the saying?

Form follows function. Which in my opinion is why there are very few ugly sailboats.

ArtVandelay
02-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Form follows function. Which in my opinion is why there are very few ugly sailboats.

True, BUT a sailboat's function has more to do with engineering, and the human element doesn't quite come into play as much. A sailboat can still work despite a bad sailor. An exceptionally bad sailor can still sink the boat, but an exceptionally bad bowler wouldn't have had those scores in a bowling series. hahahaha.

Kurt Warner threw a really ugly football. His form was awful, he gripped the ball all wrong, but he still won a Super Bowl, made it to two more Super Bowls, and had an MVP (did he have two MVPs? I know Faulk had one... I think they each had one MVP). It wasn't picture perfect, but it worked very well for him. Hall of Fame...??? I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in, and I don't think he's undeserving, either.