PDA

View Full Version : Sync Review by Storm Staffer Scott Widmer

SWidmer
02-15-2013, 10:30 AM
The Storm Sync combines the proven NRG cover, used on the Nano, Nano Pearl and Vivid, with the G2 core (2nd generation Shape-Lock HD core).

The layout on my Sync is 45 degrees by 5 inches by 2 3/4 inch pin buffer. This provides me a medium reaction (hooks middle to end of pattern on a medium to heavy 41'-43' pattern and provides a smoother reaction when exiting the pattern) while maintaining a continuous motion through the pins.

Out of the box the Sync comes with a 4000 grit abralon finish. The box finish allows the Sync to handle medium to heavy oil patterns while retaining energy and hitting power at the pins. Touching up the surface with a 2000 grit abralon pad turns the Sync into a snow tire, able to handle the heaviest of oil patterns. I have adjusted the cover on most nights depending on the surface and pattern I've bowled on with the Sync and it has maintained the smooth continuation I saw out of the box.

The most noticeable characteristic of the Sync after it's unique strong/smooth/continuous motion is the hitting power and how loud of a noise the pins make when getting run over by the Sync.

You can watch the ball reaction video I made here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwcmk34FB-g