PDA

View Full Version : Board placement

jbeck
02-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Where do you consider what part of the boards you're playing when you position your feet? (right hand) I place my left foot on what I think is the 18th board by the outside of my foot or should it be on the inside of my foot which would be I think 15?

ecub
02-16-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm right handed and take a 5 step approach. I use the right seam of my left shoe. You can use any part of your shoe, as long as your consistent in the placement and movement.

SmilingBowler
02-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Very Interesting Topic!

Come to think of it, I use the inside edge of my right foot to measure up.
I place my left foot (first step) just behind my right foot. 5-steps to the foul line.

L-R-L-R-L The first two are shorter steps.. then as I start my backswing.
I take the next three larger steps, bend my left knee and clear my right foot as I carry, lift and follow through.

This is actually the first time I've visualized my footwork without doing it.

DrOcktagon
02-16-2013, 02:12 AM
I've never really thought about it but I always line up using the center of my left shoe/foot.

Greenday
02-16-2013, 10:21 AM
I used to use the tip of my left shoe. Now I used the inside of it. As long as you are consistent, it doesn't really matter.

billf
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
I use the inside of my slide foot but as others have said, consistency is in what you're using is the most important aspect. My doubles partner uses his big toe so when we play the same line we are half a board off when we discuss it. We both know this and adjust accordingly to break down a lane.

hondo
02-16-2013, 01:25 PM
I used to draw arrows on the toe of my bowling shoes. Dexter's newest SST 8' with have markings to help line you up.

BoomGoesTheDynomite
02-16-2013, 07:30 PM
I've always used the inside of the left foot (right handed). I was always taught that at your release... or at least for most people your lay down is roughly 7 boards away from the inside of your slide foot. But I agree with others that it doesn't really matter as long as you're consistent.

Perrin
02-16-2013, 11:38 PM
I am odd/backwards in that I am right handed and use my right foot to line up.

it just feels wrong to step onto the lane with my left foot first. it is something I have tried to work on but don't get much time to bowl outside of league.

ecub
02-17-2013, 03:04 AM
I am odd/backwards in that I am right handed and use my right foot to line up.

it just feels wrong to step onto the lane with my left foot first. it is something I have tried to work on but don't get much time to bowl outside of league.

Not at all that strange. I usually use my left foot when shooting out & in, but if I ever go down & in, then I use my right. I rarely go down & in though.

noeymc
02-17-2013, 03:10 AM
i use the inside of my left foot dont know why was told to do it when i was young and never stoped