PDA

View Full Version : Cardboard box + Hair dryer = Cheap revivor oven

e-tank
02-17-2013, 01:25 PM
For those of you who dont know about this

This is not my vid nor my idea but this is basically what you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_aI0-wGdo

Im doing it right now and im amazed at the oil coming out of my ball. Currently doing it to my too reckless(which i just gave a bath last week)

edpup316
02-17-2013, 01:41 PM
I have a friend who has this set up. And he melted his Taboo doing it. which prompted me to build the one i posted. The part that scares me is that the hair drier is on cool and the temp was over 140 and then he turned it on warm! i would be way too scared.

Also i would be losing my mind worrying about the hair drier shorting out or something and the cardboard catching on fire.

noeymc
02-17-2013, 01:44 PM
u shouldnt go over 120 =D

e-tank
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
I have a friend who has this set up. And he melted his Taboo doing it. which prompted me to build the one i posted. the part that scares me is that the hair drier is on low and the temp was over 140 and then he turned it on high! i would be way too scared.

Ah i see. Im still going to try out the one you posted, i just wanted to test this one as it took me literally 5 min to make. Idk your friend was doing this or not but i dont have the air from the hair dryer blowing directly on the ball so there shouldnt be any centralized hot spots

edpup316
02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Ah i see. Im still going to try out the one you posted, i just wanted to test this one as it took me literally 5 min to make. Idk your friend was doing this or not but i dont have the air from the hair dryer blowing directly on the ball so there shouldnt be any centralized hot spots

ya he walked away for sec which he said he does all the time, but when he walked away this time the hair drier shifted and was pointing right at the ball. It was his dumb fault but you could happen to anyone.

I not saying this is a bad idea either you just need to pay very close attention to it cause it can get so hot and it does it quick. I like the lights cause it takes a few mins for them to get hot

e-tank
02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Very true. I do it for 10 min intervals and im right next to it the entire time. Also this is the very reason i started with a old brunswick rhino that i have to see if there would be any problems.