PDA

View Full Version : Vacu-Grips

DrOcktagon
02-17-2013, 08:43 PM
I recently switched to Vacu-Grips and was just wondering if anyone else uses them, or has tried them out before. If so, what are your thoughts? Did it improve your game? Did it cause any pain/discomfort? Why did you begin/stop using them?

I've always had a problem getting my hand to feel right in the ball. Whenever I step onto the approach, I spend what feels like a very long time twisting and jamming my fingers into the grips until I get a good feel. I like them to be very snug. The other day, I was buying a new ball and I was telling the pro about my problem with the feel of the finger grips, and he recommended trying vacu-grips. I figured since he is a touring pro who recently won his first title, he might know what he is talking about. He also offered to put them in my old ball for free before we drilled the new one, so I tried it out.

I had to drop two grip sizes, which made me nervous at first, but once I got on the lanes and put my hand in the ball, my fingers just locked into position. It was pretty unbelievable, actually. No more fiddling with my finger grips. The vacuum feeling was instantaneous; it was probably the best feel I've ever had in a ball. So obviously I had my new ball drilled with the vacu-grips, too. I only got to throw a few shots with the new grips, so I am really looking forward to getting on the lanes tomorrow to fully test them out.

And for anyone interested, he didn't use some type of special grips or anything like that, just simple oval inserts, but he drilled the holes to taper at the bottom, creating the vacuum, and only glued them down at one spot. And my old ball is a Brunswick BVP Nemesis, the new one a Motiv 2Cruel.

noeymc
02-18-2013, 12:11 AM
hated them =D jk dont use them