PDA

View Full Version : Contest Feb 18, 2013 to Feb 24, 2013 - Roto Grip Disturbed

BowlingBoards.com
02-17-2013, 11:53 PM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Disturbed for a random poster from Feb 18, 2013 through Feb 24, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

noeymc
02-18-2013, 12:17 AM
ok so pretty much ever since i won my shatter ive love roto grip so i def hope to win this ball yes i said i wanna win this ball =D good luck all

ChrisB
02-18-2013, 12:43 AM
That is a sweet bowling ball.

SmilingBowler
02-18-2013, 01:28 AM
This is a pretty sweet ball and the only kind of "medium-heavy oil" ball I don't currently have.
Looks like something I'd like to throw, especially if the lanes have heavy oil.

Watch the video for the (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT7BDXdZaAQ

James The Bowler
02-18-2013, 07:01 AM
I have seen a bunch of different pros throwing this ball on the pba and it looks like it is a pretty good ball. I really like the color scheme with the flashy colors (I like balls that are going to catch people's eyes rolling down the lane). I haven't tried any roto grip balls yet, but I haven't heard anything bad about them either. I hope I get the chance of throwing this ball :)

Perrin
02-18-2013, 09:07 AM
I have seen a bunch of different pros throwing this ball on the pba and it looks like it is a pretty good ball. I really like the color scheme with the flashy colors (I like balls that are going to catch people's eyes rolling down the lane). I haven't tried any roto grip balls yet, but I haven't heard anything bad about them either. I hope I get the chance of throwing this ball :)

I agree I think the balls with more exagerated contrasting color schemes are easier to watch the ball movement of. with solid color you can feel you released the ball differently but with the colorful balls you can also see what that difference was. different rotation, axis, revs whatever.

striker12
02-18-2013, 11:27 AM
if i got this ball i would drill it pin up because my freeze is pin down and see how much of a difference it is and then i would beable to see if i should stick with pin down or pin up

barcar
02-18-2013, 12:21 PM
I would love to win this ball as I am already looking to buy it.

WinterCraven
02-18-2013, 12:38 PM
My boyfriend has been really wanting a new ball but he already owns 4! I have a Freeze and that's it. Need something more aggressive or heavier. If I win Ill torn to win it for me or him.

Slabo
02-18-2013, 12:52 PM
I think it would be pretty cool to win a Roto grip ball on my very first post on here !!!! I've just gotten back into bowling after a 30 year absence and boy have things changed !!! It has been great finding a site like this with all the information and help ! Thanks !!

e-tank
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Some luck youd have to win it on your first post lol

unclemantis
02-18-2013, 03:40 PM
I think it would be pretty cool to win a Roto grip ball on my very first post on here !!!! I've just gotten back into bowling after a 30 year absence and boy have things changed !!! It has been great finding a site like this with all the information and help ! Thanks !!

Things have changed. The lanes, the oil, the patterns, the cover stock on balls, the weight blocks, the grit rating on the cover stocks, etc....

James The Bowler
02-18-2013, 04:41 PM
I agree I think the balls with more exagerated contrasting color schemes are easier to watch the ball movement of. with solid color you can feel you released the ball differently but with the colorful balls you can also see what that difference was. different rotation, axis, revs whatever.

I really like the way DV8 makes their balls. They throw a bunch of different colors together that contrast with each other. I currently have a Marauder Madness and I absolutely LOVE the color scheme. It took some getting used to as a step up from a Brunswick Slingshot, but I know where to stand now and how it rolls most of the time. I have a plastic, polished, and matte, and I would like to try out a sanded and see what kind of a difference there is between the three finishes... if there is any.

James The Bowler
02-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Some luck youd have to win it on your first post lol

Especially if he only posts one time ;)

Bonebrake
02-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Its my turn to win this week sorry everyone else lol

bigjimbo316
02-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Would love to win this. I need a new ball. I love bowling and I'm a little disturbed, lol!! :cool:

e-tank
02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Especially if he only posts one time ;)

or 9 times

James The Bowler
02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I may have a chance to win this ball finally :D not a whole lot of people are commenting and having convos. That will probably change though since its only Tuesday...

Rjthebowler
02-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Wow! I honestly never knew it was this easy to win... I just got a roto grip 4 ball bag with a storm vivid and iq tour! I was wanting this ball the second I seen it cause it is dark and easy to read on the lane (no affence to anyone but I don't like a neon bright ball)

cathie
02-20-2013, 07:21 AM
This ball looks like something I may need to try. My pro shop tried to fit me with inserts that were too tight and I have been suffering with a sore finger for a few weeks now. I am wanting to just start fresh with a new ball and new drilling at another center and see if it helps my finger issue. What better way than with a brand new Roto Grip Disturbed!

Perrin
02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I may have a chance to win this ball finally :D not a whole lot of people are commenting and having convos. That will probably change though since its only Tuesday...

The posts that are counted are from the whole site not just this thread. so if you join in on discussions, post your scores, and Etc you increase your chances :)

UBowling
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Oh man I want this ball SOOOO bad!

Mtownsend010
02-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Would be so awesome to win this!

jbeck
02-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Winning this would make this month for me even better!!

SmilingBowler
02-22-2013, 01:48 AM
Certainly, I can not honestly say having the Roto Grip Disturbed definitively would have made my pitiful Wednesday Night scores any better. The lanes were heavily oiled and it seemed no matter where I stood, what mark I used and what speed I threw the ball, I couldn't drive my Innovate through the pocket.

But I am almost certain having it drilled similar to Zack Jellsey in this video (starting at 1:42) to allow it to have more back end on my right handed stroker style and carry through all 10 pins on every pocket shot. The video says Jellsey is a cranker, but I have a very similar backswing and follow through very similar to him.

I'm considering getting a Roto Grip Disturbed or Hammer First Blood drilled similar to how he has his in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvyvBFqsTkU

Thoughts?

e-tank
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
The posts that are counted are from the whole site not just this thread. so if you join in on discussions, post your scores, and Etc you increase your chances :)

No joke it took me about a month to learn this when i first joined lol

I suck at bowling
02-22-2013, 10:45 AM
I would love this ball!!1

francoamerican5
02-22-2013, 01:46 PM
This would be an awesome addition to my bag!

James The Bowler
02-22-2013, 03:22 PM

I wish I had known this, I would have been posting on a bunch of other threads. I thought it was just this one...

Bonebrake
02-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Todays the day that i find out that i won the.ball lol

James The Bowler
02-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Todays the day that i find out that i won the.ball lol

Nah lol. I am going to win it :D

SmilingBowler
02-24-2013, 01:59 PM
One thing is for sure... someone will win the Roto Grip Disturbed.
I just hope whoever wins it takes video of themselves throwing it.
I know I certainly plan to, should I win.

James The Bowler
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
One thing is for sure... someone will win the Roto Grip Disturbed.
I just hope whoever wins it takes video of themselves throwing it.
I know I certainly plan to, should I win.

I will attempt to, if I win

Bonebrake
02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Hell if i win it ill post pics,video, whatever you want lol

James The Bowler
02-24-2013, 05:21 PM
When are we going to find out who won?

Mtownsend010
02-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Hopefully they announce soon

hax506
02-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Man would i love to own this ball. Would fit between perfectly between my nightmare and nexxus pearl.

I suck at bowling
02-25-2013, 08:48 AM
soooo.........

Did I win?

Mtownsend010
02-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Hoping I won but no emails so I doubt it

e-tank
02-25-2013, 01:10 PM
for those of you wondering, a person on facebook won it

https://www.facebook.com/bowlingboards

I suck at bowling
02-25-2013, 01:17 PM
for those of you wondering, a person on facebook won it

https://www.facebook.com/bowlingboards

wow.

Now I see why this pisses you guys off.

e-tank
02-25-2013, 01:25 PM
meh doesnt bother me. I cant say i agree with admins decision as the reason for fb giveaways was to increase traffic here but all the newcomers that post here due to facebook usually stick to the contest threads and are one post wonders just so they have another entry. Im sure most of us came here foremost with the idea that we'd win a ball but ended up staying because of the awesome posters we have here. i know i did.

SmilingBowler
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
meh doesnt bother me. I cant say i agree with admins decision as the reason for fb giveaways was to increase traffic here but all the newcomers that post here due to facebook usually stick to the contest threads and are one post wonders just so they have another entry. Im sure most of us came here foremost with the idea that we'd win a ball but ended up staying because of the awesome posters we have here. i know i did.

I feel the same, e-tank. At least we've found we can get so much more out of these boards than just a contest entry.
We've found good people, solid advice, shared some laughs and enjoy the company and chatter.
That's what this is all about for me. That, and continuing to learn the game from others perspectives.

panbanger
02-25-2013, 04:56 PM
I've tried the "aw shucks, the knowledge is worth more than a new ball" routine too. It doesnt work. :p

Honestly though, I agree.

Bonebrake
02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Thats why ive stuck around e-tank lol i keep hoping for a ball but im not holding my breath lol but regardless i found a place where i can get advise from bowlers much better than myself

e-tank
02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
aww darn i was hoping no one would catch on ;)

The German Shepherd
02-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Take it easy fellas. GB people don't win EVERY week...The Diva I won here last week came via UPS today!

Jay

Koontzy
03-03-2013, 04:00 PM
wow.

Now I see why this pisses you guys off.

Nah..... I joined her to learn and talk with fellow bowlers, didnt even know this place gave out free balls when I joined, but it was awesome to see this site gives away a ball each week which is a nice addition to being a member:).. I personally have facebook, but perhaps they could do one week just forum winner, and one week just FB winner since not everyone uses Facebook though? Facebook would be a great way to get people here, but its also goign to cause alot of one post wonders, or people who just like and share from FB to try and win a ball.... Facebook is a great tool though to get more people into the sport..

billf
03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
I win a ball an average of every 1,700 posts. I will be due again soon lol

noeymc
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
its every 550 for me =D

Bonebrake
03-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Its my turn to win a ball lol