PDA

View Full Version : Defiant Soul

mikelj1a
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
I tested my Defiant Soul on my 39-foot house shot. This is the latest release featuring the Paragon weight block. This Defiant is offered with a 4000 grit Abralon finish Hybrid cover. With this version, I was able to play 2-3 boards deeper than with the Defiant Edge.

My Soul is drilled with the middle fingers where the pin was with the CG in the palm and the mass bias in the strong position. This ball produced about 5-6 inches of flare. With the hybrid cover, the ball skidded nicely through the heads on the fresh oil. Once the ball encountered some friction, it revved up nicely and made a predictable controlled move to the pocket. 
As with all the Defiant balls, it drove through the pin deck and devastated the rack.

The Soul has a very predictable reaction, and with the 2.49 RG and .054 differential makes it a great addition for the lower rev medium speed league player who needs that little extra to make the corner.

What I enjoyed the most about this ball is the controlled hooking reaction. It produced a nice dramatic hook to the pocket and destroyed the pins. This will be the ball of choice on medium and heavy league and tournament conditions.

The Soul is a nice ball to round out the Defiant line. This ball is a must have and a nice addition to tournament players.

Mike Johnston
Roto Grip Staff