PDA

View Full Version : Storm Tropical Heat

vikingbowler88
02-22-2013, 07:01 PM
So quick background I recently got a DV8 too Reckless and after a handful of games and having my proshop guy watch me bowl we both decided that the too reckless wasn’t the right fit for my style. I bowl no thumb palm ball as so does my pro shop guy, Mike Miller actually was the one who taught him how to palm ball.

So he recommended Storm Tropical Heat for a more high rev bowler bowling on THS lane.

My question is there a difference in the colors, he mentioned that he has seen more people bowl the black and silver and has heard back from some guys that it is a little more aggressive than the Purple orange etc. Does anyone else have experience with the Tropical line? Will it really matter which color I go with?

Thank you in advance!

backlasher
02-22-2013, 08:05 PM
My wife uses the black/silver. It's pretty aggressive but I don't have any experience with the other versions. There's a black/purple hybrid that's supposed to be more aggressive than either of the others.

vikingbowler88
02-24-2013, 06:22 PM
I have heard that the black and purple is more aggressive. Being a palm bowler i would be worried it would be to aggressive.

Anybody have experience with the black and silver and also the orange and purple?

ArtVandelay
02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
According to bowlingball.com it does appear there is a slight difference between the 3 color schemes. I wonder if the different dyes used or scents have an effect on the coverstock somehow... The difference doesnt appear to be too great. I dont know how much you would actually be able to tell between all the choices. If I were you, I wouldnt worry about it that much and just pick the colors you like the best.

ShortChanged
03-04-2013, 10:24 PM
I had an orange/purple that at some point got tired of it and felt it didn't work like I wanted it to. Replaced it with a Hammer Midnight Vibe, so far so good...I love the way it rolls!

Old lefty
03-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Bought a Orange and Purple one for my Daughter (190 avg High School Bowler) this ball surprised me,it hooks hard and keeps the pins low,I'm still thinking of getting one.

sukeetoshyoo88
03-09-2013, 12:09 AM
my friend actually has a purple orange, he bowls like tom smallwood, and his reaction is long and crazy strong in the back end. he's also got a fire road with a different layout that kind of just arcs, but i must say the tropical heat's reaction is real nice.

GoodGravy
03-18-2013, 11:43 PM
I have a Tropical Heat Orange/Purple that I usually only bring out when the lanes start to dry up and my Virtual Gravity Nano gets crazy out of control. As long as I keep my speed down, I can get as much hook out of my heat as I can my Nano, but the carry of the Heat is not as good.....It just doesn't have that "punch", but it does a good job at finding the pocket.

The Heat line is basically an introduction step to high performance balls. With the right lane conditions it can be a good go to ball, but it usually stays in my bag. I'm sure that there is some small difference in the cover stocks of the different colors, but I'm not sure that there would be much of an impact since they are all introductory level balls. Although I don't know that for a fact since I only have the orange/purple one.

I've also expermented with a couple of different surface adjustments and the ball reacted right to them. It is a good all around starter ball and potentially a nice little 'gem' to pull out at the right time.