PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear to bowl comfortably?

SmilingBowler
02-22-2013, 09:59 PM
I see a variety of different styles, fashion statements even, at the lanes. Some guys only bowl in shorts, some wear long sleeves, some wear jeans, some only wear slacks.

Recently I started wearing slacks during practice because I plan to wear slacks at States in May. They allow me to bend more at the knees and get lower as I release the ball. Typically I wear loose-fitting denim jeans and a slightly oversized tshirt so allows room to have my full swing without gathering material around the shoulder.

I've bowled in shorts. In fact, my lifetime high 689 series (and 279 game - same night) were bowled in shorts and a tshirt. But I usually start wearing jeans when the weather gets colder. Others wear shorts no matter what the weather is. LOL!

I'm curious what you wear, comfortably, when you bowl.

e-tank
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Shorts and a athletic material shirt like under armor

billf
02-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Earlier this year I went to slacks. It was really an accident. I wear them to coach and bowled after a session. I was amazed at how much easier and relaxed my form was. I use to wear shorts, jeans and t-shirts. Now it's slacks with a team shirt or coaching shirt.
I will probably go back to shorts this summer but instead of jean shorts wear khaki shorts. I will still wear the team or coaching shirts instead of t-shirts or tank tops though as I look more professional with my tats covered up.

ecub
02-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Living in Illinois, I still wear shorts, even in the winter time, and a Nike shirt.

jbeck
02-23-2013, 01:30 AM
I've probably bowled more games in my military uniform than anything else since I bowl either during my lunch hour or after I'm off work. Otherwise it's jeans or athletic wear.

GeorgiaStroker
02-23-2013, 01:54 AM
I've probably bowled more games in my military uniform than anything else since I bowl either during my lunch hour or after I'm off work. Otherwise it's jeans or athletic wear.

Thank you for your service JBeck, and thanks to all the active duty, former, and retired military members here on the bowling boards.

SmilingBowler
02-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Thank you for your service JBeck, and thanks to all the active duty, former, and retired military members here on the bowling boards.

I echo this gratitude for all who've served to defend our rights and freedoms.
It is always an honor to connect with many military men and women, any way possible.

billf
02-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Bowling in uniform must suck. I hope you take your BDU jacket off at least.
For fun you should try bowling in full gear, including rucksack and LCE. It would be a decent workout.

noeymc
02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Bowling in uniform must suck. I hope you take your BDU jacket off at least.
For fun you should try bowling in full gear, including rucksack and LCE. It would be a decent workout.

yeah right lbe packs way to much what about the weapon u gotta carry (u said full gear ) i had to drag the freakin saw every where 17 pounds not count ammo i think id hurt my self if i tryd to bowl full gear =D

SouthpawTRK
02-23-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm a creature of habit; so I virtually wear the same thing to bowl (practice and league). I wear a pair of shorts, t-shirt and more times than not my Red Wings hat.

greycat
02-24-2013, 12:16 AM
I wear drywick top and lightwieght khanki pants tournaments and men's leagues. I also wear bowling tshirts in mixed league.

I watched some navy guys do push-ups for the low score each frame. Funny thing I don't live near anything navy.

J Anderson
02-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Also a creature of habit, khaki work pants, collared knit shirt with a pocket for league. For practice its sometimes a pocket T-shirt. For coaching I often wear a camp shirt with either old pick-up trucks or old cars.

Tokes
02-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Well I'm really a nerd on that whole if I look like a professional maybe I'll bowl that little bit better, intimidate who I'm bowling against, or impress some chick thats watching (and isn't going to notice I'm shooting 90 in the 8th lol). So I wear some golf shirts I got at work on clearance, khakis, and this hammer hat I got (mostly so I stop looking at the pins instead of my target).

SmilingBowler
02-26-2013, 12:11 AM
Well I'm really a nerd on that whole if I look like a professional maybe I'll bowl that little bit better, intimidate who I'm bowling against, or impress some chick thats watching (and isn't going to notice I'm shooting 90 in the 8th lol). So I wear some golf shirts I got at work on clearance, khakis, and this hammer hat I got (mostly so I stop looking at the pins instead of my target).

I like that last part there.. I used to wear a ball cap for the same reason; to focus my eyes on my mark, rather than the pins.

The German Shepherd
02-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I find that my team mates are more comfortable when I wear clothing...

Jay

e-tank
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM

yea every time i strike i make some poor leaguette fall in love. My gf gets mad jealous

scottymoney
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
I wear slacks now with a polo shirt for league. Makes it easy as I don't have too much time between work and bowling. I haven't noticed much of a difference between slack or jeans, but at least I look more professional than the rest of the guys!

EboniteKid299
02-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I cannottt bowl in jeans or cargo pants so I wear shorts to league and slacks to tournaments but last night i decided to wear slacks and a polo shirt and I shot 682 which is much better than usual for that house.. I figured I bowl much better in slacks in tournaments I try it for league and I like the results so far.

J Anderson
02-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Some years ago I showed up for league wearing a suit and tie, as I didn't have time to change after going to my wife's office's dinner outing at a nice restaurant. The anchor of the opposing team showed up, also in suit and tie. He happened to be a car salesman and had to work late that day. We both bowled very well that night.

RoccoRock
02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Shorts, always shorts. I bowl in shorts, I work in shorts, I play softball, and football in shorts no matter the weather. If I plan on bowling two handed, it's either basketball shorts, or loose fitting shorts, because that delivery is a little more athletic. If it's league, I wear a T-shirt, tourneys a collared shirt. The main thing is comfort, if I am comfortable, that's one less thing I need to worry about.

zman1974
02-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Company polo from Land's End (they paid for it, so I wear it) and cargo shorts.

GeorgiaStroker
03-06-2013, 11:00 PM
That's what she said

SmilingBowler
03-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Whoa.... wtf is all this bullspit on my thread?!

Excuse me... our thread. Get this spam off the site. Please!

SmilingBowler
03-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Whoa.... wtf is all this bullspit on my thread?!

Excuse me... our thread. Get this spam off the site. Please!

This post was in reference to a spam bot that posted randomness all over the message board.
Glad to see its been eradicated. Back to the good chatter again. (: .)

americantrotter
03-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Cargo Shorts whenever the weather permits. Jeans if not. I live in Maine and if it's above freezing and no wind, I'll wear shorts to bowl. (The alley is always hot) No I don't wear shorts when i'm not bowling until the temps hit the low 50's. LOL

T shirt.

Comfort is key.

75lockwood
03-12-2013, 01:31 PM
huh, completely missed this thread...

Winter: Polo shirt (league shirt) and sweats

Summer short's and polo

idk, but bowling in jean's just seems restrictive....

SmilingBowler
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I feel I can get a lower in shorts and slacks. Thinking of going back to wearing shorts regularly in league. Not that I feel shorts are the reason I was bowling 570+ series consistently three months ago, or anything. But the weather is warming up and I may give it a shot tomorrow, if the temps are over 40. I'll probably wear jeans and a funny St. Patrick's style tshirt for Thursday.

jbeck
03-13-2013, 02:24 PM
I almost forgot about this thread! Yeah I play with my BDU blouse off, and the pants are comfortable and don't get in the way at all unless I forgot to take my keys out of my pocket. That hurt once.

swingset
03-13-2013, 06:53 PM
I usually wear a dri-fit polo (my tournament jersey is also made of this), and a pair of comfortable, loose chinos or a pair of cargo shorts depending on the weather.

WolfGirl1980
04-15-2013, 04:49 AM
I Usually Wear Jeans and a t-shirt but latley I been wearing this dye-sublimated bowling jersey with my name on the back with Jeans or Jean shorts or Capris or Crops whatever you wanna call them in the summer time when it turns warm well spring or summer time when it turns warm outside.

Greenday
04-15-2013, 10:08 AM
My preferred outfit is a sleeveless t-shirt and gym shorts. Usually, I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt because the alley I bowl at is usually cold.

Must not be anything in my pockets. No wallet, no keys, no cell phone.

stumblintowards100
04-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Having legs like a chicken, I refuse to bowl in shorts! lol. Jeans it is. Have always worn T's, but after rolling the Open in Reno recently, I've become fond of the poly polo style shirts. Agree with Greenday, can't stand anything in my pockets.

TCJ
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Typically I wear a polo shirt and slacks/jeans. I absolutely refuse to wear shorts or T-shirts because I don't like either of them, even in 100 degree heat.

scottymoney
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM
I wear clothes, bowling naked doesn't do anything for me.........

On the more serious side It is usually a polo shirt and either khaki's or jeans, all depends if I changed after work or not. I did a self study and found it doesn't matter as long as I am comfortable.

Josch
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
I wear shorts unless it's snowing or it's prohibited by a tournament. For a shirt I'll usually wear one of my USBC Youth Jerseys. If not that I'll wear a t shirt. The only exception is for tournaments where I wear my collared league shirt with my name on the back.

josheaton16
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
I always wear shorts even with snow on the ground!

ghetto24
04-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I wear whatever I had on through out the day

got_a_300
04-17-2013, 09:15 PM
I always wear dress slacks and a pull over shirt as
it is the most comfortable thing for me to bowl in.

Bonebrake
04-22-2013, 12:31 AM
I wear shorts and a shirt that says cabin boy ( our team name is pirate themed lol)

JPbowl
05-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Shorts and a tshirt always. Winter time i get comments 'shorts ?? its 10 degrees out!'
... Well good thing we bowl indoors ;)
keys, phone on the table, switch the wallet to my opposite pocket.

Jaescrub
05-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Good ol jeans and any crazy shirt, like my who is DTA posse shirt, an insane clown posse shirt Atari teenage riot shirt ;)

Bunny
05-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Guys, please don't wear tank tops for leauges. I beg of you. We have a couple of guys that wear them for leauge. It's just nasty. I don't want to look at your sweaty pit hair all night. Or be anywhere near it for that matter. It can get pretty crowded with two four-person teams. Blechhh!

bowlerRob2
05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
LOL Bunny.. I would not be caught dead in a stank top (yes the typo stays).. I wear any shirt that fits loose and same with pants.. "loose fit" is the key to bowling comfortably for me so usually it ends up being dockers type pants and usually a polo shirt or loose fitting cotton shirt (always short sleeve). There you have my wardrobe secrets! :D

Bunny
05-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Stank Top! Oh that's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!! I'll be using that one!

WolfGirl1980
05-08-2013, 12:19 AM
I usually wear t-shirt and Jeans or bowling jersey and jeans unless summer then shorts or Capri's. But my jeans were really uncomfortable tonight cause my belt kept cutting into my side and stomach.

Keithalw
05-08-2013, 03:13 AM
I usually wear my Mccorveys Proshop bowling shirt and Khakis or Sweat pants and a tshirt lol...

austin
05-08-2013, 05:27 AM
League nights I wear a pair of cargo shorts and collared bowling shirt. Tournaments are a bit more serious, so I wear long black trousers also with collared bowling shirt.

the mom
05-30-2013, 01:57 PM
In the over 50 years I have been bowling I have worn shorts, slacks, jeans and skirts, T-shirts, collared shirts and maternity shirts! Uniforms designed for a specific tournament group and sometimes the most uncomfortable attire! All I can say is you must be comfortable in what you wear to bowl or you may change your game to compensate.

Gunz1911
05-30-2013, 02:03 PM
I bowl naked... It gives me a distinct advantage as everyone else is laughing too hard to bowl right.

got_a_300
05-30-2013, 02:15 PM
i bowl naked... It gives me a distinct advantage as everyone else is laughing too hard to bowl right.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes in our center during the summer months I
feel like getting naked to bowl as it gets so hot in there.

classygranny
05-30-2013, 04:00 PM
I bowl naked... It gives me a distinct advantage as everyone else is laughing too hard to bowl right.

I tried this once, but my boobs got in the way...:confused:

But honestly, why do the alleys feel so HOT - all year round here.

I wear jeans, T-Shirt, Shirt never tucked in and absolutely nothing in my pockets!

WolfGirl1980
05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
I wear black cotton Capri's and Brunswick Charm bowling Shoes and a shoe slider over the slide shoe and I keep I red rabbits foot in my pocket for luck and a Twilight Saga: Eclipse change purse in my left pocket but lately my wallet been fallen out of my right side pocket cause they not deep enough so need to get some new pants or something but anyway I wear an old Mike Fagan Bowling Jersey or a custom dye sublimated jersey well by custom I mean it has my name on the back and that's it or a t-shirt. I also wear a bracelet that came from Jamaica that my friend got on a Caribbean Cruise that she went on and on my left wrist my blue Expedition digital Watch by Timex.

Bennett Miles
09-22-2013, 12:54 PM
I prefer to bowl with nothing in my pockets, with (not exactly sure what it's called) a sleeve over my right arm to keep the muscles warmed. Bowling glove is optional, usually.

Usually jeans, a belt, long enough socks (usually argyle because I'm just that awesome) and a pair of Dexter SST 8 SE's. The black and purple ones, naturally.

Bennett Miles
09-22-2013, 12:55 PM
One thing that I do want to pick up some time soon would be a dye-sublimated crew or collared neck shirt. I feel like they're a sort of rite-of-passage artifact to one's bowling career, but it is an eventual goal.

Someone could send me a shirt, sure. But I want to feel like I've done something to "earn" it.

Zaxmazr
09-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Shorts! I hate long pants for some reason. Maybe my team dress pants back in High school were the cause of this...

Aslan
09-30-2013, 12:25 PM
A relevant topic for me. Sunday I was practicing and forgot to wear a belt...so my shorts kept riding down...underwear got pushed down...shirt got twisted...and it DID mess up my game. Finally I just untucked the shirt.

But I usually roll in jean shorts and a bowling shirt. Keeps me from stepping on the cuff of my pants on the approach and my bowling shirts are big and roomy so it doesn't get in the way of my swing/arm movement.

30 Clean
09-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Usually wear shorts and a v-neck or polo shirt. I dislike shirts that constrict my neck; hence the shirt style. When it gets cold enough I'll wear jeans but being in Florida, "cold enough" doesn't happen very often. :D

QueenPin Pam
09-30-2013, 08:45 PM
I have to be completely comfortable, if I am uncomfortable in any way it affects my performance. Loose shirt around my arms, usually capris, nothing too tight. :)

Jaescrub
10-01-2013, 12:28 AM
30clean that's funny cuz I like
Mine tight around my neck losse and v necks are a no no ha
Ha ha ;)

circlecity
10-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I tend to wear shorts and a loose fitting dark t-shirt or henley. I will wear the same shirt each week until my scores drop, then need to switch.

Zaxmazr
10-02-2013, 02:12 PM
I tend to wear shorts and a loose fitting dark t-shirt or henley. I will wear the same shirt each week until my scores drop, then need to switch.

I wear the same shirt every week as well :)

QueenPin Pam
10-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Although I was very comfortable last night, I did not bowl very well. I just couldn't figure the lanes out. Going to get some much needed practice this week.

Mudpuppy
10-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I wear shorts in the beginning of the season and switch over to jeans when it gets colder (November). But I always wear a t-shirt or short sleeve shirt - I can't bowl with long sleeves - it bugs me. This season our Tuesday team the captain bought us all really nice polo type shirts with a sponsor on them so the whole team has the same shirts.

WolfGirl1980
10-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Winter League I wear Jeans and T-shirt maybe sweatshirt with it if get cold but kinda hard to bowl good in a sweatshirt but jeans and a t-shirt and wallet out of pocket and phone off my belt on the table cause I got a chain on my wallet and I don't have deep pockets so everything in my pockets usually fall out when I sit and go to stand back up.

martinezsam2495
10-12-2013, 12:30 AM
I wear a T shirt and Jeans, I don't feel as comfortable in anything else lol

Mike White
10-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Winter League I wear Jeans and T-shirt maybe sweatshirt with it if get cold but kinda hard to bowl good in a sweatshirt but jeans and a t-shirt and wallet out of pocket and phone off my belt on the table cause I got a chain on my wallet and I don't have deep pockets so everything in my pockets usually fall out when I sit and go to stand back up.

When I leave my "locker" aka the pro shop, all I have is my keys (to get back into the shop) and enough money for side pots and strike frame. Oh and two balls in buff-a-balls, shoes and a towel.

tccstudent
12-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Generally shorts or some jogging pants and a tshirt on my wensday league it is sponsored by a car company so i wear a company polo shirt

Aslan
12-22-2013, 12:10 AM
When I leave my "locker" aka the pro shop, all I have is my keys (to get back into the shop) and enough money for side pots and strike frame. Oh and two balls in buff-a-balls, shoes and a towel.

Am I the only one that is slightly concerned that nowhere in that sentence did he mention pants of any kind?? :confused:

tccstudent
12-22-2013, 03:51 PM
well since this thread is about what you are wearing mike says he is wearing shoes and a towel

classygranny
12-22-2013, 06:12 PM
well since this thread is about what you are wearing mike says he is wearing shoes and a towel

Well hopefully the towel is big enough to cover the important parts. Yet, it does sound like it would be cool and less restrictive than pants of any type.

zdawg
12-22-2013, 09:28 PM
All this talk about pants-less bowling has gotten me thinking...I might go with a toga next league night can't get much more comfortable and "free" than that (without risking a night in jail) :p

tr33frog
12-23-2013, 05:26 PM
This is easy enough, short sleeve shirt, and either shorts or jeans depending on the weather. Oh, and socks and bowling shoes. Sometimes a ball cap if I've just been lounging around all day.

Perrin
12-24-2013, 03:52 PM
For me it just can't be constricting.

shorts or looser pants.

Short sleeve preferred but long works. as long as it doesn't 'bunch' at the shoulder during my swing.

I've learned by coming home with spots literally worn raw from the cloth rubbing/pinching during the backswing.

Rdmonster
12-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Shorts and T shirts or tank tops in the summer

Jeans and my Dirty Rats bowling shirt in the winter/league night.

swingset
01-31-2014, 04:00 PM
I usually wear a dri-fit or Under-Armor style polo shirt....something that breathes and isn't constricting.

Shorts in the summer, khakis in the winter.

Looks decent, comfy.

Mudpuppy
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Under armour is the way to go!

Yes good stuff indeed

tccstudent
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Yes good stuff indeed

I just moved to a nudist colony and we bowl naked!!!!!!!!!jk

Mudpuppy
02-10-2014, 10:16 AM
I just moved to a nudist colony and we bowl naked!!!!!!!!!jk

I suggest duct tape to avoid a safety issue with any hanging appendages

tccstudent
02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
I suggest duct tape to avoid a safety issue with any hanging appendages

Are you crazy I am hairier then an ape I dont want a redneck wax job

larry mc
02-11-2014, 09:08 PM
jeans t shirt , oh yeah commando , no draws in bowling

Ptnomore
02-21-2014, 04:27 PM
jeans t shirt , oh yeah commando , no draws in bowling

Some folks may be thankful that that isn't all that popular. Last week, guy on the opposing team split his "brand new pants", from crotch to knee somewhere around the 5th frame of the 1st game. It's a mens league. He actually took an injury and didn't come back that night. ALOT of fun was had at his expense though.

"These are 38's!"
"You might want to think about 46's"

Myself... Jeans, t-shirt or light collared short sleeve shirt. Shorts in the warmer months.

But probably the most important part for me though is the Dri-fit socks. I even carry an extra pair in the bowling bag. Once I tried those, I just can't STAND to be active while wearing cotton socks anymore. Feels too swampy anymore.

jnv32185
04-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Jeans and a t-shirt are by far the most comfortable. Although I see alot of people in cargo shorts as the weather warms up.

rv driver
06-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Jeans (relaxed -- not tight) and a polo shirt for me.

Shaneshu87
06-18-2014, 12:36 PM
i dress in whatever i happen to wear at work, i work in an office so thats typically khakis and polo

Amyers
06-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Usually is khakis and a polo but the air condition at my house has been on the fritz this summer so I have switched to shorts and moisture wicking golf shirts

fsbjcm
06-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Pretty much what I play golf in. Under Armour or Nike Golf shorts and moisture wicking shirts. I can honestly say I never wear t-shirts (not just bowling, everywhere), I feel weird if the shirt doesn't have a collar on it.

RobLV1
06-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Living in Las Vegas, we wear shorts most all the time. That having been said, before bowling in a PBA or upper tier USBC event where shorts are not allowed, I'll usually bowl in slacks for the month before the event just to get used to it. Personally, I find tee shirts too restricting, preferring to wear polos with collars whether I'm wearing shorts or slacks.

Sourtower
06-22-2014, 06:34 AM
On days when I'm practicing, I usually wear cargo shorts and a t-shirt. On league nights, I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt. Since its getting warm though, I might switch to wearing shorts on league nights because I hate feeling warm when I bowl.

Blacksox1
06-22-2014, 11:10 PM
PGA tour sport shirt with cargo shorts. Empty all pockets before bowling!

Sourtower
06-22-2014, 11:27 PM
PGA tour sport shirt with cargo shorts. Empty all pockets before bowling!

I always empty out everything in my right pocket. There have been a few times I've left things in my right pocket and it hit my arm and caused a bad shot. Since then, I always empty out my right pocket.

Amyers
06-22-2014, 11:32 PM
I always empty out everything in my right pocket. There have been a few times I've left things in my right pocket and it hit my arm and caused a bad shot. Since then, I always empty out my right pocket.

Done this myself a few times

Kells
06-22-2014, 11:39 PM
I always bow in a t-shirt and basketball shorts. I feel like I bowl best when I'm most comfortable and that's what's comfortable to me

rv driver
06-23-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't usually carry anything in my right pocket (except spare change, maybe). but I'm very tactile, and even keys woggling around in my left pocket bother me. I've been known to completely dump my pockets, including wallet. I've also been known to leave them alone, because the feeling of my pockets being empty can drive me nuts too. Depends on the day.

tccstudent
06-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Gstring, scoks, bowling shoes, and pete weber style sunglasses

rv driver
06-23-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm getting a really disturbing picture.

I many never bowl again...

But I might need therapy.

[edit] I think it's the PW sunglasses.

Amyers
06-23-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm getting a really disturbing picture.

I many never bowl again...

But I might need therapy.

You already needed therapy RV

tccstudent
06-23-2014, 11:36 AM

Well what do you expect the air conditioner at the AMF has been broken for over a year and they just go a po number to actually get it fixed its freaking hot in here and summers around here are horrible anyways

Amyers
06-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Well what do you expect the air conditioner at the AMF has been broken for over a year and they just go a po number to actually get it fixed its freaking hot in here and summers around here are horrible anyways

I feel you there tccstudent the air at my alley has been down all spring and summer too. Was supposed to be fixed last Friday wrong part. Still waiting. Nothing is as fun as having to wear moisture wicking clothing to be able to bowl indoors.

tccstudent
06-23-2014, 11:52 AM
This is a 60 lane facility that has 10 units on the roof 6 are broken Its actually nice around lane 60 not to bad between 1-26 from 26-55 is like a sauna

rv driver
06-23-2014, 02:02 PM
This is a 60 lane facility that has 10 units on the roof 6 are broken Its actually nice around lane 60 not to bad between 1-26 from 26-55 is like a sauna
I'd be finding a different center in the interim.

Mike White
06-23-2014, 02:05 PM

While that may be comfortable for you, I'd guess it makes others a bit uncomfortable.

The bonus is the $1 bills you get from the ladies.

rv driver
06-23-2014, 04:24 PM
While that may be comfortable for you, I'd guess it makes others a bit uncomfortable.

The bonus is the $1 bills you get from the ladies.
The downside is the $1 bills you'd get from some of the guys...

tccstudent
06-23-2014, 09:58 PM
The downside is the $1 bills you'd get from some of the guys...

money is money if someone wants to give me money I have no qualms about taking it

rv driver
06-23-2014, 10:21 PM
money is money if someone wants to give me money I have no qualms about taking it
I'd give you a $1 to actually see you bowl like that... in front of a crowd.

Pin_Pals
07-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Slacks and a cotton shirt.

Shorts and a tshirt always. Winter time i get comments 'shorts ?? its 10 degrees out!'
... Well good thing we bowl indoors file:///C:%5CUsers%5C4Zimmers%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cm sohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.png
keys, phone on the table, switch the wallet to my opposite pocket.

I frequently wear short sleeve shirts through the winter even in Down East Maine, but I hate shorts. I grew up in the south riding in a car with vinyl seats and no air conditioning which ruined shorts for me.

mike_thomas93
07-13-2014, 12:51 PM
At this time of the season, of course it being summer, I would say a standard t-shirt and shorts, but that can be any time of any day. I know in my home alley it'd be a little cooler than usual, but I guess that's standard for any bowling alley. But I just wear simple shirt and shorts. Or if you don't want your legs to start freezing up on you, maybe could wear warm-up bottoms ;p

Hampe
07-14-2014, 08:49 AM
I usually prefer to wear cargo shorts and a polo shirt when I bowl (either a team jersey or just any old polo will do). I used to have black linen pants that I wore to tournaments or leagues that frowned on shorts, but I forgot them in a hotel in Berlin last year :(. I replaced those with some black Nike golf pants, which are great for bowling (only downside is they are very expensive).

tccstudent
07-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Tonight I think I will wear a pink tutu

Pin_Pals
07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Tonight I think I will wear a pink tutu

With or without a tiara?

tccstudent
07-14-2014, 02:51 PM
with a big pretty pink bow

rv driver
07-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Well... I suppose if you have the legs for it. But the crinoline might get in the way of a good arm swing...

JohnnyG
07-14-2014, 07:18 PM
In practice, a bowler will require a range of bowls clothing items in order to meet these variations in dress code requirements. Great thread!

bowl1820
07-14-2014, 07:33 PM
In practice, a bowler will require a range of bowls clothing items in order to meet these variations in dress code requirements. Great thread!

LOL copy/paste is from:

http://www.bowlsworld.co.uk/bowls-clothing.html

that's lawn bowls.

excerpt
"In practice, a bowler will require a range of bowls clothing items in order to meet these variations in dress code requirements.

Most bowlers will possess a minimum of two pairs of trousers and/or skirts, one white and one grey. Ladies involved in competitions are likely to have at least two skirts and two pairs of trousers."

tccstudent
07-15-2014, 10:16 PM
There are two leagues in tulsa that I know of that has a dress code and both arecompwtative scratch
the classic traveling league requires a collared shirt
and the masters traveling league requires slacks and collared shirts in either there is a fine if you break the dress code

rv driver
07-16-2014, 05:57 PM
There are two leagues in tulsa that I know of that has a dress code and both arecompwtative scratch
the classic traveling league requires a collared shirt
and the masters traveling league requires slacks and collared shirts in either there is a fine if you break the dress code
Yeah, but who doesn't love a polo shirt and a pair of Dockers?

Joker
07-16-2014, 06:08 PM
shorts gotta be able to bend those knees

rv driver
07-16-2014, 10:51 PM
shorts gotta be able to bend those knees
Nobody wants to see me wear shorts.

Oh, the humanity!

Konvict1982
07-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Shorts and a light t-shirt.

rv driver
08-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Never bowled in shorts. Ever. Ok, maybe when I was a kid. But since beginning to bowl seriously, I've always worn jeans and a polo or T-shirt.

tccstudent
08-03-2014, 03:24 PM
I only bowl in a graphic tee that looks like a tuxedo so I can look classy but at the same time let everyone know I like to party

rv driver
08-03-2014, 06:26 PM
I only bowl in a graphic tee that looks like a tuxedo so I can look classy but at the same time let everyone know I like to party
Shake and bake!

coreyds012778
08-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Summer time shorts t shirt. Winter, most likely loose fit jeans.

tccstudent
08-12-2014, 02:36 PM
After buying my books for school I may have to start wearing a burlap sack to bowl in

9 bills for 4 books damn I am broke now

Lloyd6770
08-14-2014, 09:56 AM
My wife says I look weird, but I don't care. I wear a specific pair of khaki's that are comfortable, and a sleeveless shirt. It's as much for comfort as it is for keeping cool. By the time our 3rd game is over, it's probably in the low 80's in the alley, and being a big guy, I tend to sweat.

foreverincamo
08-23-2014, 04:34 PM
For pants I always wear Dockers, and either a black T-shirt or collared shirt. I never wear shorts .

rv driver
08-24-2014, 03:16 PM
For pants I always wear Dockers, and either a black T-shirt or collared shirt. I never wear shorts .
I don't remember EVER wearing shorts to bowl...

bowl1820
08-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Slacks and a Polo shirt.

rv driver
08-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Slacks and a Polo shirt.
Back in the day, I used to wear Munsingwear polos, because that's what Earl Anthony wore.

manke
08-27-2014, 03:39 PM
I wear or sponsored polo shirt and a pair of pants.

hoku41205
08-29-2014, 02:42 PM
If I'm practicing, I'll wear whatever. If it's league, I try to wear leggings, capris or yoga pants. If it's a tournament, it's black capris or shorts...no matter what the weather is like outside. I can't stand bowling in jeans, however I've learned for practice it makes me focus on bending my knee more since they are more constrictive, but get in the way of my mental game anywhere else.

Blomer
08-29-2014, 09:12 PM
My league is really informal. So I wear shorts and a t shirt or jeans and a t shirt.

rv driver
08-31-2014, 07:28 PM
My league is really informal. So I wear shorts and a t shirt or jeans and a t shirt.
I wonder if there are any "black tie" leagues?

stormbowler87
09-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Shorts the are above my knees, and usually a silky type shirt. Also have to have my hat on and nothing in my pockets.

SheBowls
10-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Usually jeans and a T-shirt.

nomad1721
12-12-2014, 03:59 PM
I like to bowl in a tee shirt and shorts.

jlwonderley
09-03-2015, 03:39 AM
I don't really put any thought into what I wear when bowl, except that I avoid really tight jeans.

J Anderson
09-03-2015, 08:20 AM
I wonder if there are any "black tie" leagues?

Years ago I showed up for league in a suit and tie because I had just come from my wife's office's dinner outing. As it turned out the person I was bowling opposite had come directly from his job as a car salesman and was dressed in a suit. As I recall we both bowled well that night.

Lefty651
11-24-2015, 03:56 AM
For now it's basketball shorts and a T shirt. Since winter is coming I might change to a long sleeve under armour type shirt but I think I'll stay with the basketball shorts. Just too comfy.

Timmyb
11-24-2015, 08:40 AM
This is going to be a little personal, but I make sure I don't wear undergarments (drawers!) that will "migrate" while I'm bowling. :rolleyes:

fortheloveofbowling
11-24-2015, 09:59 AM
This is going to be a little personal, but I make sure I don't wear undergarments (drawers!) that will "migrate" while I'm bowling. :rolleyes:

Good move. Nobody wants to watch someone fix a wedgie all night.:)

NewToBowling
11-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Sometimes I will do some stretches to loosen up the boys below. It gets hot and sweaty some times

Tony
11-24-2015, 10:48 AM
I usually wear shorts in the summer and jeans in the winter, nothing too tight, once I wore a shirt tight in the shoulders, it was horrible trying to get a good swing when you can't move you arm freely.
There is a team in the league that the 4 teammates (and brothers) always wear shorts, even when it's 20 below ! The smarter brother wears sweats over his shorts for the trip to and from the bowling center, the others I presume, freeze in their shorts !

NewToBowling
11-24-2015, 12:35 PM
My body temp works like the team you mentioned. I can wear shorts in freezing weather and really doesn't effect my core body temp. I lose all my heat on head and upper body. So I can be bundled up with beanie, thick coat and shorts and still be warm.

SAbowler
11-24-2015, 03:24 PM
I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts no matter what the weather is outside. Not really a fan of bowling in pants.

Tony
11-24-2015, 04:05 PM
My body temp works like the team you mentioned. I can wear shorts in freezing weather and really doesn't effect my core body temp. I lose all my heat on head and upper body. So I can be bundled up with beanie, thick coat and shorts and still be warm.

There are a number of individuals that do this, but this is the only case I've seen where the whole team does it. I used to be able to wear shorts in freezing weather and it didn't bother me, but the last few years I seem to have become a little less tolerant of the cold, especially the first really frigid days.

DarkyDizzle
11-24-2015, 05:44 PM
I wear shorts and a tshirt in all weather and situations. I just started wearing a sleef sleeve on my throwing arm and it has helped more than I thought it would.

scottymoney
11-25-2015, 12:57 PM
I actually get comments about what I wear to bowling. Most guys wear jeans and tshirts. My Monday league because I usually don't change after work I wear dress pants and either my bowling Jersey or a polo shirt. I get a lot of guys who call me "the professional".

ep1977
11-27-2015, 04:19 PM
I wear shorts in warmer months and sweat pants in colder months both with a t-shirt.

Jekyll & Hyde
12-05-2015, 01:30 PM
it really depends on the weather and alley, in the summer its shorts for sure w/ a tshirt, winter is pants w/ a collar shirt or tshirt

moleman
01-23-2016, 02:31 PM
I wear very comfortable dress slacks, commando, and a breathable short sleeve sports shirt. I find that jeans and the rest impedes movement. When I've worn long sleeve shirts I can feel restriction and the same goes for jeans.

angel
01-25-2016, 07:57 PM
In the summer time I'll wear shorts and in the winter months
I'll wear long pants to bowl in.