PDA

View Full Version : Got My Span Correct (AKA Last Installment of the Thumbhole Experiment)

Rdmonster
02-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Finally got my Rotogrip Berserk drilled. I had my hand measured since the other two balls I have were drilled off a very old ball. The pro shop moved the thumbhole 1/8 inch closer to the fingers and made some minor changes in grip size. Threw a 200 with it on the first day. I had to customize the thumbhole a little when I got home. I was suprized at how much stronger of a ball than my Marauder the Berserk is. Id have to say 5 boards or so.

At league on Wednesday I was above my average the first 2 games and then switched to the Marauder (old drilling) for the last game. It was 10 pins or more better but I think that was because the lanes were dry and the Berserk was over hooking. I was able to drop the brace as the new drilling is a blessing for my thumb and I have no nerve issues. Cant wait to get a few more games under my belt and start working on other technique issues!!

I have bumped my league average to 158...I'm pretty excited about that...hope to make 160 soon!!

billf
02-23-2013, 12:26 PM
The difference in span can also affect the balls reaction. When the situation is right, get the span fixed on your other balls too then see how they react for you.

e-tank
02-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I saw the other threads about this. Im glad you got it figured out. Its pretty crazy how a ball change can make a huge difference when things arent going right

Rdmonster
02-23-2013, 03:10 PM
I plan on having the Marauder plugged and drilled this week so I can have it back for league on Wednesday. The Hellraiser will be last...I have to decide if I am going to keep it pin down or redrill with a longer set up...probably just move the thumb as it is cheaper than doing the whole thing.

The new drill is the best one yet....I dont have to modify my grip to keep pressure of the nerve area...so far anyway!!