PDA

View Full Version : Everything Comes Together

Greenday
02-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Tonight, it got real. My coach was coaching someone else tonight so he reserved a lane for me to bowl on. First game, was just getting loose, bowled a 180-something. Second game? 267. I was unstoppable. It was just strike after strike after strike.

I also really advanced my slide step that I've been working on. I figured out the push step and how I should actually be pushing on that fourth step to slide on the fifth. Gave my shots a lot more power. I also was more behind the ball than ever before. I got amazing rotation on the ball. More speed, more revs = domination tonight.

Tomorrow, they are laying down a weak sports shot but they said they'd lay down the Scorpion pattern on two lanes for me (And my coach if he comes). For one dollar a game, I love this place. Good opportunity for me to practice for Reno and really challenge myself. Can't get better if I don't challenge myself.

billf
02-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Glad to hear you figured out the power into the slide. It makes a real difference but can be difficult to explain how in text only.

noeymc
02-23-2013, 09:03 PM
congrats i love hearing about people who go see a coach you hear me say it all the time a coach is for sure worth it!

SmilingBowler
02-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Great to hear it! I'm curious which Center you bowl at for $1/game.

As league bowlers at Thunderbird Lanes, Willow Grove, PA we have the opportunity to also bowl $1/game between 9-11AM on Sundays.

This week, for the first time ever, I'll be recording myself bowling using my iPad set up on the approach by the ball return. Really looking forward to seeing just what I look like and have others comment and offer opinion like I've seen a few others do here. It'll be interesting.

Greenday
02-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Great to hear it! I'm curious which Center you bowl at for $1/game.

It's a special deal I get. All my coach's students get to bowl for just $1 a game whenever they go.