PDA

View Full Version : Contest Feb 25, 2013 to Mar 03, 2013 - Brunswick Meanstreak Brawler

BowlingBoards.com
02-25-2013, 12:10 AM
We are giving away a Brunswick Meanstreak Brawler for a random poster from Feb 25, 2013 through Mar 03, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

noeymc
02-25-2013, 12:37 AM
good luck all

sukeetoshyoo88
02-25-2013, 12:45 AM
i hope this is my lucky week!
if i don't win this, im probably buying it.

SmilingBowler
02-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Here's a video I found on YouTube for this ball. Interesting that it has a hybrid coverstock. Not sure if I'd polish or sand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWm8899meBM

striker12
02-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Here's a video I found on YouTube for this ball. Interesting that it has a hybrid coverstock. Not sure if I'd polish or sand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWm8899meBM

its a nice ball and it is polished just take a look on bowlingball.com witch is under the giveaway on the left side of the home page and just look up the ball and it will tell you.

Perrin
02-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Good Luck everyone. This does look like a good ball. The meanstreak has become pretty popular in this area and the Brawler appears to be it's big brother. a little more aggresive and a little earlier.

bigjimbo316
02-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Would love to win this ball, looks like it could be a force to be reckon with!

WinterCraven
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
This ball looks awesome. I've been thinking about getting a new ball for me or my boyfriend.

Bonebrake
02-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Good luck to everyone and congrats to the future facebook wimner lol

James The Bowler
02-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I want this ball! "This ball is very versatile and not condition specific" according to bowlingball.com. This is a good thing too if I win, cause on my high school league the lanes have been used all day and have very little oil on them, which sucks.

Texas longhorns
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
I hope I in luck this week I want a bowling ball

jpalubin
02-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I could use a new bowling ball, along with some tips on which ball is best for me.

noeymc
02-26-2013, 12:23 PM
jp make a thread tell us all the info u have as far as knowing what ball would be best for you its hard to do without wtching u bowl but we can point u in the right dieraction also what type of oil u bowl on

James The Bowler
02-26-2013, 04:54 PM
I could use a new bowling ball, along with some tips on which ball is best for me.

If you talk to your local pro shop operator you may be able to get some tips as to how to better yourself in bowling, as well as decide which bowling ball would be best for you. When I was buying my DV8 Marauder Madness, the guy that was filling in for my pro shop guy was really nice and he helped me out. He gave me a like 15 minute lesson, but it really helped me. There is no harm in giving it a shot :)

Texas longhorns
02-27-2013, 11:21 PM
I will to have this bowling bowl very much

James The Bowler
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
I really want this bowling ball

Texas longhorns
03-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I need a bowl bowling ball a lot

e-tank
03-01-2013, 06:31 PM
to all the people that only post in the contest threads: you guys know posts on the entire site count as entries right? Not just posting in this thread talking about how much you want this ball. Venture to the rest of the site and contribute to some conversation :)

James The Bowler
03-01-2013, 07:39 PM
to all the people that only post in the contest threads: you guys know posts on the entire site count as entries right? Not just posting in this thread talking about how much you want this ball. Venture to the rest of the site and contribute to some conversation :)

Yep, I just learned that this week lol. I have been venturing into some other conversations :)

Texas longhorns
03-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I really need the Brunswick bowling ball for first ball

striker12
03-02-2013, 08:48 PM
a buddy of mine in the jr league just got one of these today and he shot a 728 series with a 289 game

jbeck
03-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Well I never joined this forum to win any bowling balls, but I won't complain if I did! At this point since I'm trying to be more serious and build my arsenal...I'd take any of them now. Good luck to whomever wins it though.

Koontzy
03-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Wow, this is cool. Just being a member and posting here gives you a chance to win bowling balls? Awesome, didn't know this. Great site, I love to see stuff like this.

James The Bowler
03-03-2013, 07:45 AM
This is the last day to enter and win, and like jbeck said : good luck. :)
And @striker12 what is his average? Just wondering. But that is an excellent score! Tell him/her to keep up the good work :)

Texas longhorns
03-03-2013, 09:25 AM
I really need it a lot I hope I win it today

billf
03-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Need it? Seriously, only a pro NEEDS a bowling ball. Necessity versus luxury. Good luck though.

Koontzy
03-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Need it? Seriously, only a pro NEEDS a bowling ball. Necessity versus luxury. Good luck though.

LOL:) But it still nice to win stuff:) Especially something that you have a hobby doing:) I once won a RC race car in a fair raffle, and it collected dust:)

James The Bowler
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I agree with billf, nice phrasing xD. Good luck to everyone, they should be announcing the winner today or tomorrow for this ball!

striker12
03-03-2013, 05:54 PM
This is the last day to enter and win, and like jbeck said : good luck. :)
And @striker12 what is his average? Just wondering. But that is an excellent score! Tell him/her to keep up the good work :)

james his avg is 180 he has been barly getting his avg but the week before he was 15pin under and then got this new ball and dose great but the week before when he did bad i did good with a 611 series and a 234 game with 8 in a row but mine was with a c300 freeze

James The Bowler
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
@striker12 good job! For the longest time I was barely getting my average of 115 ish. I was happy for breaking 100. But now that I am standing all the way over by the right gutter like Michael Haugen (I'm right handed) and throwing towards the 6 pin with my DV8 Marauder Madness, I have been doing a lot better. I have hit two 200 games (a201 and a 223) and hitting 150 a lot. Something that I very rarely did.

ThatbowlerD
03-03-2013, 08:18 PM
After watching jason sterner throw this on tv today, I would love a chance to win this ball!

Perrin
03-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Great job James.

I've found that it really is about finding your line on whatever oil pattern your on. once you find a line once if you can remember it the next time you see that kind of pattern your set.

striker12
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
@striker12 good job! For the longest time I was barely getting my average of 115 ish. I was happy for breaking 100. But now that I am standing all the way over by the right gutter like Michael Haugen (I'm right handed) and throwing towards the 6 pin with my DV8 Marauder Madness, I have been doing a lot better. I have hit two 200 games (a201 and a 223) and hitting 150 a lot. Something that I very rarely did.

yeah when i got my 600 series it was my first 600 series this year and also got my 1st and 2nd 200 game this year same day 234 and 213 first game was a 164 and my avg was 146 now 149 but if you go to the home page here and click where the videos are i got a video on there of when i got my 8 in a row and other shots and you can see the line im playing where i bowl at and tell you this i have never played this line before ever untill i went to this bowling alley i use to throw coast to coast.

but here is a link to the page.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/13759-new-bowling-video-and-abit-different-style

James The Bowler
03-04-2013, 06:18 AM
@Perrin, that is what it is about. I really like this new line that I have. The only problem is that now that I am on this line I adopted a really high backswing (before I had an average one) which sometimes causes my ball to go into the gutter. That is what I have to work on. I had an average speed and revs before, now I have much higher of both (in my opinion).
@striker12 I used to love the balls that went coast to coast. Now I love the balls that get me 200 lol! And good job on your scores :) I will watch the video later :)

panbanger
03-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Somebody on facebook won it by clicking the "like" button. I believe that the rules may need to be modified -

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

On the facebook posts, it says that clicking the like button is an entry, sharing the post is another entry, and that posting on these discussion boards is a third entry. So I think the above quote is a bit misleading since it kind of contradicts what the facebook post says.

Koontzy
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Somebody on facebook won it by clicking the "like" button. I believe that the rules may need to be modified -

On the facebook posts, it says that clicking the like button is an entry, sharing the post is another entry, and that posting on these discussion boards is a third entry. So I think the above quote is a bit misleading since it kind of contradicts what the facebook post says.

dont the rules also say the post must be a decent post? Not just a post to gain posts for entires?

Bonebrake
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Congrats to whoever won