PDA

View Full Version : IQ Tour Pearl Review

cmsubowler
02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Hello all and thanks for reading. As always to go along with this review the video can be found on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o8G3cfptlA&list=UUUdapKcbpNzp3PGwdo7P6GQ&index=1

Obviously being with Storm I have the chance to throw with the greatest bowling balls on earth. To borrow a line from another campaign, the best bowling balls on earth just got better...... IQ Tour Pearl. Those of you who know me and have spoken with me know my love of the IQ Tour. The Tour Pearl Gold is everything that the IQ Tour may have lacked(if anything) Since shooting the video I have drilled a second one which I will explain a little later but I also have a third one on the way just for safe keeping. The Tour Pearl for me is much straighter through the front part of the lane and far more angular than its predecessor the IQ Tour Solid. I am using my favorite layout in this ball with a slight 5 degree modification to the initial drill angle to help promote a little more length and push through the front. The Tour Gold has tremendous hitting power and goes through the pins with extreme authority. I drilled the second Tour Gold a slight bit weaker with a slightly higher pin and with no weight hole. Still angular this ball allows me to keep my feet further right than the orginal Tour Pearl that I punched up. The original seen in the video forced my feet further left than my IQ Tour Solid both on the fresh and during transition. One the fresh I was 3 and 1 further left and during transitions I can be as far as 8 and 4 further left than the original Tour Solid Just because its a pearl doesn't mean its not strong and trust me, if you wanna cover some boards this ball can do it. Fantastic benchmark ball and it also takes well to surface changes. More surface allows the ball to handle a more substantial amount of oil and smooths out the backend reaction if you feel it is too angular. Find one at a matchmaker even and you will see why everyone is saying "Throw the Gold Ball"