PDA

View Full Version : Signature line question

SmilingBowler
02-27-2013, 12:28 AM
When I joined the site I was able to set a signature shortly after becoming active. The signature I use includes the balls I throw, the leagues I'm in, the averages in each league and my lifetime scores. It also features a footnote of the number of USBC games I've played this season, as 21 are required to have a book average, along with social links. I have been able to update my averages and Hi Games, Hi Series as needed each week, because I've kept my signature within the boundary of 4 lines.

I just posted my 100th post on the site and see I'm now recognized as a "Bowler" with two pins and thank you for that. After posting my last response to a fellow bowler, I went to update my Monday Night league average. But couldn't because now it says I have to keep my signature to 3 lines?

This doesn't make sense to me. How did I lose a line on my signature? I've become more active and genuinely engaging, yet I now have to cut back on my signature line? I feel my signature, as it stands, allows me to display to everyone here what my most recent stats are.

Simply put, I do not understand why an active user such as myself lost a signature line. In short, I'd just like an explanation as to why I must edit my signature line again before I can update my most recent averages. Thank you.

75lockwood
02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Simply put, the site is under managed and there are a lot of broken things, if it's a big concern contact bowlingboards.com by private message.

e-tank
02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
i cant use bold in my sig anymore :(

I suck at bowling
02-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah I see these people with huge sigs, and I'm stuck condensing mine.

75lockwood
02-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah I see these people with huge sigs, and I'm stuck condensing mine.

Lol, like mine?

I suck at bowling
02-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Lol, like mine?

-___-

Yes. Like yours.

SmilingBowler
02-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks Lockwood.. I sent them a private message by using the contact link at the bottom of the page. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'll just copy my current signature line to my notepad. That way I'll have the format if I can ever use it again. But after bowling tonight, I'll try to update my MON & WED averages (and high scores, if need be) to the best I can without screwing it up too much. HAHA!!

SmilingBowler
02-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Alright folks... just a quick update, I have updated my one blog post with my personal stats that I have record of; I know I have been bowling much better the last two seasons and now they're included in my Lifetime Best scores and series'. This way I can keep record of them here and share them with all of you.

Also, I have edited my signature (but copied and pasted the original one in case I am allowed to have more than three lines in the future).

unclemantis
02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
You having trouble too I see! I wrote a post about this crap about a month ago.

If the board is going to ban sigs from having certain things in it then I think they should ban current ones too and not allow others to be grandfathered in!

SmilingBowler
02-27-2013, 04:53 PM
I hear you, but it may just be a glitch in the system. I know we have a lot of quality moderators for the boards, but I have no clue who the site administrator is or who is behind the coding of the site or grants or alters the settings. I've sent a private message, but where does it go? Hahaha... we shall see.

I can still bold, italic and underline. I can still link things, which is why I linked my blog. I do what I can for bowlingball.com which is why many of my links, aside from some other YouTube links are directed to their site first. Hopefully someone will respond to my message. Til then, we may never know what is really happening behind the scenes.

All in all, I chose to edit my signature to two lines. Haha.. TWO LINES ..and in doing so, I built up the only blogpost I have to include many more details about my bowling games. Not much else I can do from here. Well, except continue to converse with other bowlers, of course. Cheers!

unclemantis
02-27-2013, 04:58 PM
I can't Bold. So I don't know.

SmilingBowler
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Can you bold in a post?

I wonder if its a general setting or something specific to your signature.

ecub
02-27-2013, 05:13 PM
I CAN bold in post and signature.

unclemantis
02-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I can BOLD here!

I can't BOLD in signature!

unclemantis
02-27-2013, 08:53 PM
This is what I have for settings for my Signature.

Allow Basic BB Code
No
Allow Color BB Code
Yes
Allow Size BB Code
Yes
Allow Font BB Code
Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code
Yes
Allow List BB Code
Yes
Allow Link BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML
No
Allow Image BB Code
No
Allow Video BB Code
No
Allow Code BB Code
Yes
Allow PHP BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML BB Code
Yes
Allow Quote BB Code
Yes
Allow Smilies
Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature
No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
No

SmilingBowler
02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
This is what I have for settings for my Signature.

Allow Basic BB Code
No
Allow Color BB Code
Yes
Allow Size BB Code
Yes
Allow Font BB Code
Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code
Yes
Allow List BB Code
Yes
Allow Link BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML
No
Allow Image BB Code
No
Allow Video BB Code
No
Allow Code BB Code
Yes
Allow PHP BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML BB Code
Yes
Allow Quote BB Code
Yes
Allow Smilies
Yes
No
No

I can see only one difference, though not sure why yours would be any different from mine. Here are mine:

Allow Basic BB Code
YES
Allow Color BB Code
Yes
Allow Size BB Code
Yes
Allow Font BB Code
Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code
Yes
Allow List BB Code
Yes
Allow Link BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML
No
Allow Image BB Code
No
Allow Video BB Code
No
Allow Code BB Code
Yes
Allow PHP BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML BB Code
Yes
Allow Quote BB Code
Yes
Allow Smilies
Yes
No
No

ArtVandelay
02-27-2013, 11:15 PM
In the signature part, I cant use bold like I can in the forum, BUT there is a font (or two) that has a bold option AND a regular option. That works well for me.

unclemantis
02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
In the signature part, I cant use bold like I can in the forum, BUT there is a font (or two) that has a bold option AND a regular option. That works well for me.

Did one of the admins come in and turn off my feature?

SmilingBowler
03-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Well, I went ahead and submitted my inquiry. This was the reply I received:

"Sorry there is a preset limit.

Thanks"

unclemantis
03-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, I went ahead and submitted my inquiry. This was the reply I received:

"Sorry there is a preset limit.

Thanks"

That is not a response. That is just down right stupidity and lazyness!