PDA

View Full Version : Another wasted opportunity

The German Shepherd
02-28-2013, 07:33 AM
What do you call it when you have the right conditions, the right equipment and still end up bowling poorly? I call it a wasted opportunity. Ended up with a 579 (173, 217, 189). The funny thing is that I missed the pocket EXACTLY two times all day. Games one and two would have been no-tap 300s......

Jay

striker12
02-28-2013, 09:46 AM
i have had that happen to me before i was getting the ball to hit the pocket but i kept leaving eather stone 10pins or 9pins and i can hit my 9pins easy but the 10pins to me are still trouble but i cna get me 70% of them its a improvement of the 40% at the start of the year.

Kobra167
02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Ya know. they always say it's never a guarantee that you will strike. My teammatess will just yell, "throw a better ball!" at the top of their lungs. And then we laugh and drink. Take a shot, make a toast to all strikes that should have been but a pin stood up anyways.

billf
02-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Well Jay, I know you're too good and experienced to have been leaving the same pin. Was it bad enough to make you curse? lol

Hammer
02-28-2013, 07:38 PM
All I can say is none of us are perfect. There are days that no matter what you do on any given day things are just not going to go right. We all have games where we just can't get lined up to bowl some hot games. I saw a pro bowler once on TV shoot a game of 100. After that I thought that I would never complain about a bad game again. You have to take the good with the bad.

DrOcktagon
02-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I saw a pro bowler once on TV shoot a game of 100.

That guy drills my equipment. He did win an event a few weeks ago, as well as finish near the top at the Masters. Sorry, just had to point that out.

e-tank
02-28-2013, 10:14 PM
All I can say is none of us are perfect. There are days that no matter what you do on any given day things are just not going to go right. We all have games where we just can't get lined up to bowl some hot games. I saw a pro bowler once on TV shoot a game of 100. After that I thought that I would never complain about a bad game again. You have to take the good with the bad.

Was that the two finger bowler that bowled in on of the more recent championships? I think he celebrated when he broke 100 haha

DrOcktagon
02-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Was that the two finger bowler that bowled in on of the more recent championships? I think he celebrated when he broke 100 haha

That was Tom Daugherty. He recently won the Bowlers Journal PBA Scorpion Championship, and he just finished in the top 15 or 20 at the Masters. And no, he doesn't use his thumb on his strike ball. I'm sure he was pretty happy when he broke 100.

Greenday
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I had tons of trouble Wednesday night. My two heavy oil balls and my spare ball are on the way to Reno. My Frantic is in the shop. So I only had my Tropical Breeze and they oiled the lanes a little heavier this week. Had to take a straighter approach and kept coming in light. Lots of pocket shots, but kept leaving 7 and 10 pins.

rand
03-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Im still a newb so rough nights are part of my bowling experience alot of the time

Tokes
03-01-2013, 02:12 AM
That was Tom Daugherty. He recently won the Bowlers Journal PBA Scorpion Championship, and he just finished in the top 15 or 20 at the Masters. And no, he doesn't use his thumb on his strike ball. I'm sure he was pretty happy when he broke 100.

That was an awesome match redeemed his 100 by winning with a 200. Like he said he achieved the and.

Dang I hate those wasted opportunities but I'm terrible so it happens so so very often. lol

ecub
03-01-2013, 02:22 AM
If you're constantly leaving 7's or 10's, adjust. Here's a video on 10 pin leaves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zN2Y9nxvU&feature=share&list=PLD97720759BA5CE8A