PDA

View Full Version : 198 in sports league!

jbeck
03-02-2013, 08:51 PM
My second week bowling in my first sports league (or any league for that matter) My first score was a 144, second was a 172, and third game was a 198! Had it not been for the three 8 splits in the game... I was on a roll with strikes! I changed balls and adjusted from the start of that 3rd game getting plenty of oil between the 3rd and 4th arrow to break at the pocket. By the fourth game I only got a 155...that lane was tough to read, but I'm still happy to keep my usual house average carrying over to the sports league! The pattern was Beijing.

billf
03-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Good job

jbeck
03-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Tonight's league was not as good as last week...could barely break 130. My highest game was only a 143. There was lots of oil on the lanes and I'm not sure if anyone broke 200 tonight. Crazy thing is that it was the same Beijing pattern. Oh well...it was a good learning experience on how to adjust.

J Anderson
03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Tonight's league was not as good as last week...could barely break 130. My highest game was only a 143. There was lots of oil on the lanes and I'm not sure if anyone broke 200 tonight. Crazy thing is that it was the same Beijing pattern. Oh well...it was a good learning experience on how to adjust.

This is the great mystery of sport leagues. Why does the same pattern play so differently from one week to the next? One of the theories whispered behind the league officers' backs is that they tweak the pattern, making it easier if the first week scores are too low or harder if there are too many high games. Only a theory, we have no proof....yet.

Tampabaybob
03-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Sport shots are definitely tough to master. It puts you in an entirely different world from the regular house shot. Sounds like you found it ok on that first night ok but then on the second lost it. Try this, it's something the pros do. Have a small notebook with you and make notes as to what's going on with each ball in each frame of your games. This will give you something to analyze after the night is over and possibly get you set up for the following week. If you did this for a few weeks, you'll have your roadmap as to where to play and how the oil breaks down in this pattern.

Good luck.

jbeck
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
This week was much better! 181, 175, 156, 144. Although my scores went down each game I was still happy with the fact that I bowled with my new technique of playing inside and using my pinky finger tucked. Just gotta get better with accuracy!

e-tank
03-16-2013, 04:32 PM
This is the great mystery of sport leagues. Why does the same pattern play so differently from one week to the next? One of the theories whispered behind the league officers' backs is that they tweak the pattern, making it easier if the first week scores are too low or harder if there are too many high games. Only a theory, we have no proof....yet.

im pretty sure my house does this. Everytime someone gets a 290+ it seems like the lanes are much harder next week

Tampabaybob
03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
This week was much better! 181, 175, 156, 144. Although my scores went down each game I was still happy with the fact that I bowled with my new technique of playing inside and using my pinky finger tucked. Just gotta get better with accuracy!

Way to go. Good shooting. Stay focused and be aware of how your ball is reacting going down the lane.