PDA

View Full Version : Fore-arm training

Gunz1911
03-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know or have any good Wrist and fore-arm training? Different ways to help build up your strength so you don't break your wrist on your release. Been just straight up practicing with my ball, but don't want to do anything that might bend it the wrong way and end up hurting myself. Or dropping and breaking my ball.

GeorgiaStroker
03-03-2013, 02:08 AM
I doubt dropping the ball on the floor would hurt the ball any more than throwing it down the lanes at 15 or more mph into 3.5 lb pins. Might not do your floor any good. Put down a pillow and hold the ball down at your side and cup the wrist for a ten count. Rest and repeat several times.

AngryBowler
03-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Grab a dumbbell (5,8, or heavier depending on your strength), sit down and place your forearm on top of your thigh with your wrist overhanging a bit past your knee, and curl the weight up 10x. You can do this w/ your palm up or down, basically on both sides to really build strength. There are also a couple of forearm specific exercise gadgets on the market that you can buy or you can just take a piece of rope cut to about your height, tie it around a 10 lb. weight, and attach the other end to a handle. Stand with the handle held straight out in front of you and roll the rope around the handle until the weight is all the way up; then unroll the weight until it touches the floor again. It sounds easy, but it gives your forearms a good workout. As you get stronger, you can either add more weight or lengthen the rope.

swingset
03-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Grab a dumbbell (5,8, or heavier depending on your strength), sit down and place your forearm on top of your thigh with your wrist overhanging a bit past your knee, and curl the weight up 10x. You can do this w/ your palm up or down, basically on both sides to really build strength. There are also a couple of forearm specific exercise gadgets on the market that you can buy or you can just take a piece of rope cut to about your height, tie it around a 10 lb. weight, and attach the other end to a handle. Stand with the handle held straight out in front of you and roll the rope around the handle until the weight is all the way up; then unroll the weight until it touches the floor again. It sounds easy, but it gives your forearms a good workout. As you get stronger, you can either add more weight or lengthen the rope.

Yup, these are good. Also with a dumbell, when you're sitting doing the curls, hold them out past your knees and turn them from one side to another (as if you were making them go around like a propeller). This works a different part of the gripping muscles. Reverse curls are good here too, palms down lifting up past your knees (but might want a lighter weight for these, as the muscles are smaller).